Surrender

The flare had been released in Spain. The flare had actually been released in Spain. Luke wasn't expecting to have come this far in the world-domination scheme and didn't think he'd make it farther than the French takeover. However, he was wrong. They had made it this far and were, hopefully, going to make it even further. However, Luke was not like Daniel and was being realistic about the situation. Were they going to take over the entire world? No. The best they could hope for was a significant chunk of Europe, potentially all of it, but nothing more. Other countries would get involved and would try to prevent it from spreading, like communism, so the best they could hope for was a significant chunk of Europe, a few off-shore colonies and a non-aggression pact with literally every single country on earth. Luke was currently aiming to take over Spain, Portugal, Germany and Italy and would then use the combined power of these countries to take over more countries in Europe and probably the DRC, but nothing more. That would just spur on aggression from other countries.

Luke went down to the conference hall, where everyone had evidently been since the start of the day. Many had blankets or duvets wrapped tightly around them as if it were freezing inside the room. Which it was. Luke went to turn on the A/C and was wondering what everyone had been doing here the entire day. They could be writing war strategies in case the bioweapon plan fails, he thought, then shook his head. Nah, the plan won't fail. It's foolproof.

"Hey everybody!" called out Luke while still looking for the A/C, "what are you actually doing?"

No-one spoke for a few seconds while Luke looked at all of them with a death stare. Eventually, Jamie Nenra had the guts to answer Luke's question.

"We were busy planning war strategies," said Jamie nervously, still huddled in his cotton blanket, "y' know, in case the bioweapon fails."

"Why would it fail?" asked Luke, confidence laced in his voice. This time Jacob Lockwood, a person whom he had never spoken to before, answered.

"What if they have the vaccine?" said Jacob quickly as he stood up, the blanket rolling off him, "it's always a possibility."

Luke hadn't thought about the possibility of the vaccine being released to Spain. No, thought Luke, it can't be. We gave the vaccines in such a dose that they needed to use all of it. Everyone nodded at what Jacob had said like shaking head toys. However, despite the recurring and likely idea that the vaccine had been given to Spain, Luke had complete faith in his mission. He was almost 100% sure it would go according to plan. Unless it didn't go according to plan, then they were most likely screwed in one form or another. But for now, Luke and everyone else could do nothing but wait, either for their surrender or for their declaration of war. Everyone in the conference room continued to write their war strategies, which Luke accepted reluctantly. They would need a backup plan in case their original one failed.

Two days passed. Luke and everyone else had finished drafting their war strategies, still waiting for Spain's reply. They had gathered into the conference room in a more orderly manner to discuss how they would invade Spain if their plan of using biological weaponry failed. This time, each person had produced their own idea. However, because there was a lack of communication, the ideas were mainly split up into three sections, which were the following:

Develop a new bioweapon that is a lot more potent than the flare and release it in Spain alongside another wave of the flare and wait for their surrender.

Spend between 10 and 20% of France's budget in researching and production of new military technologies that outperform anything else ever seen before. High-performance exoskeletons, AI-controlled robots that would prevent many casualties and potentially even antimatter bombs. Then we would launch a full-scale attack on Spain and take them over, bit by bit.