Chapter 22

Marshall's POV

"Maybe I should go?, come back later? Let you enjoy your family dinner?" Chelsea said stumbling over her words, somehow making them a question instead of a statement.

"Are ya scared of Kim?" I chuckled "Trust me she's harmless nowadays, worst thing about her is that running mouth"

"No, I mean, I'm not like your girlfriend, I mean, fuck, Marshall you know what I mean"

"Why are you freaking out?" I said trying to compose myself again before I laughed "You aren't a groupie, she won't say shit, I promise you, plus the girls have probably filled her in on shit, because everyone seems to know our fucking business except us"

Chelsea stopped pacing around the bedroom and looked at me.

"She might not understand whatever we have between us, like maybe she won't appreciate the whole obvious" She gestures between us "Well it's fuck buddies essentially isn't it? Not the best impression to give to young women"

"You're incredible" I laughed "Okay One, there is nothing shameful about what we're doing and two, I really don't give a fuck if she don't like it, it's none of her business"

"But why can't we just you know, have a dinner with the three of them?"

I sigh "Because I think they think if Kim approves of you, I'll fall head over heels and we'll live happily ever after, I don't know, those girls have their head in the clouds about me being happy"

"Kids right?" Chelsea Chuckled "I remember Hunter inviting his friends single dads over trying to get me to leave his own dad, and when we did divorce he was so happy, tried setting me up all the time with his university professors and friends dads, then I met Chad and the cycle started again"

"Their hearts in the right place" I smile "The girls have been trying to set me up for the last seven years"

Chelsea smiled at me, she had the most stunning smile.

If I would compliment her on it and she would compliment mine and ask me to smile more.

"Look it's not like we're asking her permission to get married, tell you what, why don't you call Hunter and get him over, I can send a car, I'd suggest Tee but I'm afraid of how her and Kim would get along"

"Hunter will have a meltdown " Chelsea rolled her eyes "I thought he was in my corner in this but it seems he's just as invested in us as your daughters, but I'll invite him"

"So you're gonna stop being a baby about it and stay? Coz I was kinda looking forward to you staying at mine this weekend before I gotta fly out"

Chelsea sighed and gave me a small tight smile "Okay"

"Alrighttttt" I smirked "Plus I planned to have you sit on my face all afternoon until the girls turned up so we're gonna have to do that later tonight" wiggling my eyebrows and kissing Chelsea on the lips.

"Mmmm yeah you do, I'm gonna hold you to that" she said pulling out her phone and dialing Hunter.

Leaving her to it, I left the bedroom and went down stairs to get something ordered for us all to eat.

This was going to be a spectacle.

I hope Kim behaves herself, sometimes I just can't trust what comes out that mouth, she was good at offending all the women in my life.

—————————————————————

Later hunter arrived, slowly walking into my house.

"Ay make yourself at home, don't look like you're about to shit your pants"

"Sorry man, still getting use to it"