Chapter 24

Marshall's POV

"You're being stupid as hell"

I rolled my eyes, I don't know why I bother talking to him about anything anymore.

Dre looked at me as if I'm crazy.

"Just ask the fucking woman to be your girlfriend, stop being so damn difficult"

"Why does everyone need to put a title on shit?"

"Because you both clearly need the title, at this point you two are dating" Dre said gesturing to the person in the booth to restart "You've already claimed her, hell she don't see anyone else but your dumb stubborn ass, every time I call, you're with her unless you're in the studio" he hit a few buttons then returned his attention to me "That my dumb fuck of a friend is called a relationship, even if your blind ass can admit to it or not"

I thought to myself, lyrically killing Dre's annoying ass off in my next song, again, I leaned back in the chair.

"Finished with the abuse?"

"Nah, I ain't even started" Dre chuckled then got all serious again, here we go.

"Why go through the trouble of stealing someone's girl, opening your big trap and ending her relationship or whatever it was on purpose if you didn't want to step up"

"Well I kinda did, I look after her and shit do I not?"

"Man, she looks after you from what you told me, a little too well I may add" he said as he pokes my arm "Feeding you up"

I roll my eyes "Whats ya point?"

"My point is that maybe you should try looking after her emotionally"

"I do care about her though"

"Yeah but there's much more to that man"

"Man I'm sick of talking about it"

"Well next time you come to me for advice, don't, because I know your stubborn ass is gonna act like you don't hear me" he then turned back to the artist from the booth and restarted the beat.

I spun away in the chair and shook my head.

He's right about everything.

As usual.

I'm in hard denial but I'll be fucked if I was gonna admit that yet.

So I've been dropping hints and shit but because I AM stubborn at the same time I'm making out like I'm happy just fucking around.

I'm one twisted individual and I guess I'm just not ready to jump head in.

Right now our lives aren't complicated, I mean sure I probably spend more time at her house then I should, but we still have our own lives and shit.

But I am spending less at mine, Dre wasn't lying, I WAS at Chelsea's a lot, even when she wasn't home.

I like her house, no one disturbs me there, well except Tee interrupting occasionally.

I also loved Chelsea's company, even if we were just sitting next to each other not talking doing our own thing.

"I'm not ready"

"That's fair Marshall, take it at your own pace but don't live in denial" Dre said giving me a smile "But you gotta understand, all this shit is a gamble, you don't know who's gonna be heart broken, it's just the risk of relationships"

I just nodded and started moving the switches.

I had come to help produce a few songs, but I hadn't done much being caught in my own head.

"Can we work now? As amusing as Marshall Mathers turbulent love life is, can we save the chat for later when you decide I'm right?"

"Sure man" I chuckled, he knew me too fucking well.

—————————————————————

I laid on the hotel suite bed staring at the ceiling, music playing in the background on the tv.

Normally I'd call up one of the girls I knew in Cali and get her to come up, but I didn't even have the urge.

Well the urge was there, but not just for anyone.

I should have made her come.

But then she wasn't that type, I couldn't make her do anything.

Well except leave that jackass.

I started to think about Chelsea, she was different, she is independent, confident, intelligent and gorgeous.

She is what you call a solid ten for sure.
All these years and I haven't met one until her, especially close to my age.

Her face when I surprise her with gifts, dinners and flowers.

Yeah I know that's not normal behaviour of a fuck buddy, I'm aware alright?

She was wasting her time on me and she wasn't even sorry about it.

What the fuck am I doing? Why am I like this?

I rubbed my hand over my face and groaned.

Why was life so complicated, fuck.

I reached over and picked up my phone and dialled her number.

"Marshall?" Chelsea's sleepy confused voice answered.

"Hey baby, shit, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, it's midnight, I though you must have got caught up in the studio so I went to sleep"

"Sorry, Yeah it did run late, did you get up to much?"

"Tee come for dinner but I mainly just worked and caught up" She said "Are you okay?"

I chuckled "I'm fine, I just missed ya ass I guess"

Chelsea giggled in the phone "You chose to miss me at midnight, you're so weird"

"You know what I mean, probably prior to that, just needed a fix I guess"

"You would have someone out there to help you with that, am I right to assume?" She teased.

"Many, but I don't want anyone else but you"

She went silent.

Fuck.

I shouldn't have said that.

"You there Chels?"

"Yeah I am, sorry" she giggled "Well, you'll be back soon enough, we can catch up then"

"Yeah I can't wait, as soon as you pick me up your ass is mine"

Chelsea laughs again. It could kill me.

"I'll let you go back to sleep, I'll call you tomorrow ok?"

"Ok, you should go to sleep, and Marshall?"

"Yeah baby?"

"I miss you too"

With that she hangs up.

Well that got my heart pumping.

I fell back on the bed, the smile I've been desperately trying to stop creeps back across my face.

Oh fuck.