Chapter 41

Marshall POV

I walked into the kitchen and dumped my keys on the bench.

There was food cooking on the stove and something in the over, the house smelt like a damn resturant, it was mouthwatering.

Ain't no woman in my life ever cooked for me like this except for the girls, and I sure as hell could get use to this.

I'd have been working out more to make up for it though, this woman feeds me up like I'm going into hibernation.

I walk over and look in the oven, opening it and sigh as the roast meat smell filled my senses.

"You know, the longer you leave it open the more the temperature drops"

I snapped my head up as I closed the oven door "Uh sorry"

Chelsea laughed and walked up to me kissing me on the lips.

"What's the occasion?"

"Does there have to be? It's just food Marshall" She chucked again.

"Just food? Shit, awful lot of effort for just food there baby" I said with a raised eyebrows, watching her reaction as she just shrugged.

"Effort for you maybe, not for me, if you haven't noticed, I like to cook, and now I have someone to cook for all the time"

"I know, the extra pounds thank you" I laughed taking a seat at the kitchen island "Hey so, I was thinking"

"Uh oh, that's never good" she said and gave me a smirk.

I roll my eyes at her "Like I was saying, I was thinking, you know since this" I gestured to both of us "Is doing so well, I was thinking you could put a hold on the house hunting and you know, live here, for good?"

She looked at me shocked "I, Well, I don't know what to say"

"You can start by saying yes, and if by some chance we don't work out, you can stay in one of my rentals until you get your own place"

"Though it all out haven't you?" She said giving me a sly smile.

"Well I had time to think while waiting for paperwork to sign today" I said grinning at her.

"Are you sure?" She said pulling the meat out of the oven and started to cut and serve everything up.

"Baby, if I wasn't sure, you wouldn't be here, plus you're safer here anyways" I said trying to stay serious "Just promise you won't over feed me, I been 230 pounds before, I don't wanna get there again"

"Can't promise anything" said said placing a plate of food in front of me "It's a yes then, but if at anytime you feel as if I'm overstaying my welcome, you let me know"

"Psh, as if, no such thing, you are my girlfriend, how the hell do you over stay your welcome"

She just laughed as she sat next to me and started eating her food.

"So, I spoke to Trick today, turns out they found out who the other guy is, he's a crazed lunatic, he got a good beat down but turns out someone paid him to ransack your house"

"I was going to tell you later, but my neighbour called me to update me" Chelsea said, turning to look at me serious expression on her face "Someone's graffitied "Cheating Slut" across the front of my house again.."

I stiffened and sniffed.

"I'm going to kill him"

Chelsea sighed "I knew you were going to say that, look, he's not worth it, we've got the police on to it"

I squinted at her and silently reached for my phone and sent off a message.

"Marshall what are you doing?"

I ignored her and continued to send another contact a message.

She sighed "Marshall please don't get into trouble for this"

"I won't"

"What are you doing then?"

"Absolutely nothing at the moment" I said and placed my phone down on the island in front of me again.

She placed her hand on mine "Hey, don't worry about it, it's fine"

I stood up, how was she being so calm about this? She was being degraded by a piece of shit.

"I will worry about it, he called you a slut, don't you understand Chelsea?" I said picking up my empty plate and putting it in the sink and turning back to her "Absolutely no one, I mean no one, calls my girlfriend a slut, or any name for that matter and gets away with it"

I was seeing red, the fact that she was letting someone treat her like that was amping me up more, I was going to kick his head in.

She looked at me with concern on her eyes as I turned away from her "Where are you going?"

"Im just going down into the studio, I'll be right back, I'll meet you upstairs" I said and walked down the stairs.

I sat down in the swivel chair.

I had to find out where he was, I had everyone looking, I had to go meet the boys there later.

He wanted fucking fire, he's going to get it.

Fuck, I shouldn't have been so cold to her.

I groaned and rubbed my face in my hands.

This shit is getting crazy, how the fuck she deserve this?

Oh right.

Me.

I couldn't leave her alone and now she has a crazy ex paying someone to stalk her and trash her property and fuck knows what else.

I messaged Paul and asked for extra security for Chelsea when she went to work or out anywhere just incase and to see if she had a legal leg to stand on regarding the damage and slander.

I dug through the drawer and found The blue Tiffany box I was looking for, I had been saving it for an Valentine's Day Or an anniversary or something, but at this point I was being an asshole, in a situation created by other assholes.

I got up switched off the lights and headed up to the bedroom, Chelsea had already tidied up and was in the room.

"Everything Okay Marshall?" She asked walking out of the en-suite.

All this shit going on and she's concerned about me? This woman really is something else.

"Yeah, I'm fine, here" I said pulling the box out of my pocket "This is for you, partially to cheer you up, partially because I'm an asshole when I'm angry"

She looked at me with a surprised look again, this time with excitement instead of the concern, and opened the box "Oh Marshall, you didn't have too"

"I know" I said pulling the gold letter C pendant necklace out and placing It around her neck "But you deserve it"

She kissed me with passion on the lips then pushed me backward until I hit the bed.

In those few movements, my mood changed completely, with just one touch. I know I said I could get use to it, but fact is, I was already use to it.

And I couldn't imagine life without her in it now.