Chapter thirty-three

Friday came around before I knew it. Emily was continuously making me envious with her family photos from Paris, but it was also making me more excited for our baby to come. Molly has been working all week so I haven't got a chance to catch up with her and Sean is still stressing that his plan won't work.

"Hey Tal" Loren says as I get out of my car

I look over to see she's getting out of her car beside me "oh hey, do you guys have training today?" I ask noticing her wearing her cheerleading uniform

Loren sighs throwing her keys into her bag "the boys have a big match next weekend and coach is really pressing down on us to nail the routine"

"The joys" I laugh

"Tell me about it" she says "I'd almost prefer a day of classes instead of being shouted out for not keeping my shoulders straight enough"

"I remember those days" I laugh "but then when you've your day of classes you'd prefer the shouting"

"We just can't win can we" she grins

Ryder walks up to me once I get to my locker "Seans been pestering me already about getting the decorations up in time and making sure everyone's there"

I roll my eyes playfully "you'd think he likes her with the effort he's going to for her birthday"

"Don't let him hear you say that unless you want to be murdered"

"Sign two: denial and defensiveness" I joke

"Who knows maybe tonight's their night"

I went to Ryders place after school, I left my makeup and outfit at his place last night because we're going to go to the restaurant early to get everything ready.

After having a shower, I do a small amount of makeup and let my hair down in loose curls.  I put on a white bandeau dress that I bought yesterday in the maternity section.

"Oh look at that sexy thing" Ryder grins as I walk into the living room

"Oh look at that sexy thing" Ryder grins as I walk into the living room. He's wearing a pair of grey half length shorts that make every girl swoon and a black half-sleeve button up shirt.

"Trust you to still be wearing those shorts" I laugh

"I always get the best reaction out of you when I'm wearing them" he winks and walks towards me. He rests both hands on my stomach before looking me in the eyes and giving me a genuine smile "even though we're not what people would call the typical family, I want you to know that I'm really excited for our baby to come and I couldn't be happier with the mother of it"

I grin before wrapping my arms around him and giving him my sorry attempt of a pregnancy hug. Thankfully Ryder still seems to appreciate it "thank you, and for the record I'm really excited too. Not to mention I wouldn't want to be in this situation with anyone else"