Chapter 2 - THE PEEPISH GIRL!!

Kartik's POV

I was playing basketball in the basketball court of our college with our college team. Everyone had gone home. Only we were there because we had an inter-college match this weekend. And it was important because I was the leader of our basketball team and I did not want my team to lose.

I took my position and did a three pointer. Everyone hooted.

"That was too cool bro!", Steve came up to me and hugged me.

"Okay guys...this much is enough for today. We'll continue tomorrow", I said and ended the game.

I came to my bag, took out a towel and started wiping off the sweat. I twisted the cap of my bottle to open it and drank water.

Just then, I got a call from Elsa's preschool. I looked at the caller ID and realisation struck me. I spat out the water and received the call.

"Yes...", I tried to sound busy.

"Mr. Kartik....your daughter is the only one left at school. She's crying....when are you gonna pick her up?!", the teacher asked.

"I'm on my way Miss....", I forgot the name.

"Alicia...", the teacher reminded me.

"Yes....Miss Alicia....I'm on my way. I was quite busy....but I'm on my way. There's a lot of traffic", I acted as if I'm actually on my way.

"You better come soon Mr. Kartik....Elsa is crying for you", the teacher said and ended the call.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the college.

I dialled Yash's number.

"Hello", he received the call.

"Yash....brother....can you please pick Elsa from school? I'm still in college. It'll take time to reach there", I said sitting in the car.

"Sorry brother....I'm busy right now....I'm in the theatre watching a movie", Yash said and ended the call.

"WTF man!!", I cursed my fate and dialled Kunal.

He's my last hope.

"Hello", he received the call.

"Kunal....can you please pick Elsa from school?", I requested him politely.

"Why? Where are you?", he asked me.

"I'm still in college", I replied guilty.

"Dude are you mad! Be a little sincere towards that little girl....she needs you. You're the only thing she has. She's your daughter, be responsible", Kunal said and ended the call.

"Fuck", I punched the car's window.

-----------------------------

I pulled over near Elsa's school gate. I came out of the car and rushed towards the gate. There, Miss Alicia was standing with Elsa beside her.

"Daddy", Elsa said as soon as she saw me and came running to me, hugging my legs. I picked her up in my arms.

"I'm sorry Miss Alicia....it won't happen again", I apologised.

"It's okay....after all....you're a single father....it may be hard on you", Alicia said smiling.

"By the way....are you married? Don't take me wrong....you look young....if you don't mind can we go for coffee together?", I tried to take a chance.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kartik....but I'm engaged", Alicia said showing me the ring in her finger.

"Oh....sorry....My bad", I said and left from there along with Elsa.