Chapter 11 - I deserve a second chance!

Naira's PoV

I walked to Mr. Donaldson - the principal's house. All the way I was taking deep breaths and building the courage to talk to him. I mean it's the principal I'm talking to - the highest authority of the med school.

"Okay Naira...you can do this. You have to convince him at any cost", I talked to myself nervously.

"What's the worse he can do? He can throw you out of the med school for the offence of talking back to the principal...that's it!", I shrugged my shoulders and tried to walk with confidence but the truth was I was shuddering with fear thinking of the consequences of our "interactive" session.

I stopped in my tracks as my mind flooded with thoughts.

"Why are you doing this Naira? Why are you risking your future for Kartik's sake? Did you forget! He's the guy who troubled you for the whole semester....no mercy should be shown to him", the devil in my brain spoke and I thought deeply.

"Don't listen to that asshole Naira....whatever you're gonna do is completely right! I know Kartik's been a complete jerk to you but right now he's in a deep mess because of you. You've to make everything alright. Its his daughter's life at stake!", the angel inside me explained and I nodded agreeing to her points.

"Don't listen to her Naira....you'll land yourself in a deep pool of trouble if you let your sentiments rule over the things you wanna achieve. Kartik has made a mistake and he's suffering now. He deserves to suffer the consequences!", the devil fought back and the angel sighed in disbelief.

"But the little girl shouldn't suffer anything. What's her fault? Naira...you should give Kartik a last chance to prove himself. He's changed now and this med school is his only chance", the angel explained I took a deep breath.

I decided to talk to Mr. Donaldson and paved my way towards his house. I reached the gate and saw his bull dog sleeping in the pet house.

I sighed in relief and pulled open the outer gate. I tiptoed towards the front door, careful enough not to make a slightest sound that could wake the doggy up.

That dog looks similar to his master!

I reached the front door and pressed the door bell. It was nine at night so I thought he mustn't have slept yet.

I waited for a few seconds until the door was finally answered. Mr Donaldson opened the door and looked at me.

"Yes miss.....wait I know you", he said trying to recognise me.

"Yes you do know me. I'm Naira Singhania....I study at the med school. Good evening Mr. Donaldson", I greeted him and he nodded.

"Why are you here?", he asked me suspiciously.

I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"I'm here to plead the case of Kartik Goenka...the guy whom you expelled from med school today", I said and he continued staring at me.

"I request you to take him back into the med school...the med school's his only chance", I pleaded him and he continued to stare at me with his arms crossed across her chest.

"So did he bribe you to come here and beg for him?", he asked me raising his eyebrow.

"Nope...not at all. He doesn't know that I'm here. Sir, I just wanna inform you that Kartik is a deserving student and he's really capable. Being a surgeon has always been his dream and you just can't snatch away all his dreams and ambitions because he has a kid. He isn't at fault if he has a kid. I mean since when did having a kid become a crime?! I know he's young but he balances everything perfectly. And he's not at all a bad influence for other students", I explained Mr. Donaldson and he listened to me carefully. I thought I was succeeding in convincing him so I decided to add more emotion into my speech.