Chapter 15 - Med School, Again!

Seattle, Washington

Kartik's PoV

We were on our way to the med school in Kunal's car.

"Why do you have all these shitty things in your car?!", I asked him as I picked up a pringle that was lying under the car seat.

"Bro....there are many other things - cookies(lying on the floorboard), potato chips under the seat, a nauseating car perfume, condoms- daily necessity, Cologne and a mouth freshener", Yash said as he showed me each and every thing and where you can find them.

I rolled my eyes and sighed in disbelief.

"Why can't you maintain your car properly?", I asked Kunal and he scoffed.

"Remember.....you were the one who taught me these things!", Kunal spoke and I looked at him unbelievably.

"I did?", I asked and Yash and Kunal nodded in unison.

I sighed and opened my Neurology textbook to study something. I had missed a whole lot of lectures and I didn't wanna lag behind in anything. So its better to use the time.

So I focused on the page with a pencil in my mouth and tried to concentrate but couldn't because my dear friends were blasting "Kiki Do You Love Me?" in their music system.

Kiki Do you love me?
Are you riding -

"Guys....can you please lower down the volume. I'm tryna concentrate here!", I said and they turned back to look at me.

"Umm....no!", they said and increased the volume.

I sighed in disbelief.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Naira's PoV

It had been fifteen minutes since Kartik left and I and Elsa were continuing our "staring game".

"Do-Do you wanna ask something?", I asked her.

"Why are you here?", she asked me, looking suspiciously at me with her arms crossed across her chest.

"I'm your daddy's friend", I replied.

"Girlfriend?", she asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope, a friend. Just friends................for now", I mumbled the last part and her stern expression grew softer.

"Then you're most welcome.....because all of daddy's girlfriends are crazy women", Elsa said sighing as she sat back on the bean bag.

I nodded and there was again awkward silence between us until she spoke again.

"Again.....why are you here? Isn't daddy supposed to be here?", Elsa asked confused.

"Umm....yes! He's supposed to be here, but he has started med school......and he's gonna be a little busy from on. So.......I'm gonna look after you in his absence, just like Yash and Kunal did", I explained her and hoped she would understand.