Chapter 12- Secret Saviour

Kartik's PoV

I was at the bar with Kunal and Yash. I was not drinking or dancing, they were doing that and I was just sitting at the table and doing my accounts. I had no mood to come here but they urged me to come so that I can get a bit relaxed and stress-free.

I was busy with my calculations that a girl came to me and literally clutched herself to me. I rolled my eyes and sighed in disbelief. I used to like this stuff before, but now I just try to runaway from it.

"Hey hottie...wanna dance with me?", she asked in a seductive voice. I turned towards her.

"Behen ji....there are many bad boys in this club. I'm a good boy, I've taken sanyas from all these things. I don't know why am I here?! I should be with my daughter right now!", I said frustrated and she looked at me confused. I pointed at Yash and Kunal who were dancing their heads off.

"There you see...you see those guys. Those are my monkey-faced friends. They are bad boys....very bad boys. I'm a good boy. Go attack them", I said and she bit her lower lip looking at Yash and Kunal.

"I love bad boys!", she said seductively and rushed towards them.

"Good...very good. That's the spirit!", I cheered her from back and again got busy with my accounts.

I was busy with my accounts book and calculator that I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hi", someone said from behind. I turned back to look at Shane, he was my med school friend.

"Hey...", I greeted him back and he sat on the chair in front of me.

"Sup?", he asked.

"Nothing", I replied sighing.

"By the way....here's your $300 dollars", he said handing me a bundle of three hundred dollars. I looked at him surprised.

"Why are you giving me this?!", I asked him confused and he sighed.

"Remember three months ago? I asked you $500 dollars for purchasing a gift for my girlfriend. You gave me the money without any hesitation and even forgot to levy the borrowed money from me. I gave you $200 dollars and you wasted all of it on a stupid lottery game. Here's your rest $300 dollars", Shane explained and I looked at him in disbelief.

"I gave you whole 500 dollars?!", I asked him shocked.

"Yup", he replied nodding his head.

"I didn't even levy the borrowed money from you?!", I asked him in disbelief and he nodded again.

"And I wasted 200 DOLLARS on a stupid lottery game?!", I asked him and he nodded again.

I leaned back on my chair and scoffed at myself.

"I was an irresponsible, spendthrift asshole, wasn't I?", I asked him.

"Yup!", he replied nodding his head. I sighed in disbelief and rubbed my forehead. I raised my head and looked at Shane.

"By the way....thanks for being so honest Shane! I was in a terrible need of this...", I thanked him and he smiled.

"Shane!!", a girl called him from the dance floor.

"I gotta go now! Take care buddy", he patted my shoulder and walked away.

Just then, Yash and Kunal came and sat on the seat in front of me.

"What's up with Shane?", Yash asked me.

"Nothing....he just stopped by to return me my 300 dollars", I replied and they nodded.