Chapter 13 - What are F.R.I.E.N.D.S for?

Naira's PoV

I just sat there grinning at Kartik and he stared down at me with a straight face.

"What are you doing in my garden?", he asked with his hands on his hip.

I just stared at him, speaking nothing because I couldn't think of a reason. I chuckled nervously at him and stood up .

"I-I was just passing by so I thought it'll be good to know Elsa's condition...is she alright?", I asked him curiously, trying to sound clueless.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead. He looked at me while I looked at him in anticipation.

"Yeah-yeah she's alright!", he said smiling a little bit, his voice a little shaky but he was trying his best to act normal.

"Oh....good to hear that!", I smiled back at him but inside I knew he was lying. But...why would he lie to me?

I sighed and started to leave that Kartik stopped me.

"Hey....wait! You're bleeding", Kartik said freaking out as he looked at my hand.

"Am I?", I asked myself confused and then looked down to see my hand. My left palm was cut, it was a deep cut as blood was oozing out and dripping on the ground.

"Oh shit! I am", I said freaking out and looked down at the ground to look at a broken piece of glass. I might have pressed on it too hard, when I fell back on the ground.

Kartik took my hand in his and examined the cut carefully.

"Its deep. I'll have to apply some medication on it!", Kartik said looking at me as he held my hand in his.

"No...No its okay. I'll be fine. I'll just wrap a cloth around it", I tried to make an excuse and leave the place as fast as possible because things were getting awkward but Kartik wasn't ready to lemme go.

"Naira....being a med school student, how can you even think about that? Don't you know wrapping a cloth around an injury can't be safe? Come inside, lemme do your first aid", he said dragging me inside and I was just being dragged cluelessly.

Still Naira's PoV

I was sitting on the sofa in the living room and Kartik was sitting down on the floor, applying medication on my cut.

He has seriously changed a lot!

Back then, he was a total freak! Cool but foolish, irresponsible, disrespectful, arrogant, rude, self centered, womaniser....uff there are many adjectives. But now...he's a true gentleman, caring, loving, sweet like a candy, hardworking, responsible and less rude that is a complete upgraded and opposite version of the previous KG!

He held my hand gently, careful enough not to hold it tightly and wrapped the bandage around it skilfully while blowing soft air on it. I found him cute! The way his eyes were fixed only upon the injury and nothing else.....I dunno but this was the first time I was adoring him.

I couldn't stop grinning as I found it too adorable. I had never expected that I would use the "adorable" word for this guy.

"Done!", he sighed looking at me, a small smile curved his lips.

"Oh yeah! Thanks...I need to go!", I said standing up and starting to leave that I realised it was raining outside and I didn't have an umbrella or a rain coat.

I shut my eyelids and sighed in defeat.

Literally the entire universe is planning and plotting to stop me from leaving his house!