Attack on Zombies

The sleeping beauties snap awake and the calls of Alexis and Son. They grab their weapons and look around, noticing the zombies coming at them from all angles.

“The only way out is up!” Fenn explains, they scrabble to a tree, the others follow suit. Some of them struggle up the trees, others climb the trees like squirrels, but in the end, they all get up high enough so the undead can’t reach or even detect them to eat them.

Kitty shifts slightly, putting all her weight on her other leg, which is on the weaker part of the branch. It snaps under the pressure and she falls. Flo extends her arm to catch Kitty, but only just misses.

She smashes on the ground, legs first, face last. The undead turn to her and walk over to her, slowly picking up the pace. She attempts to stand, but due to a broken ankle, doesn’t do so. Fear twists within her. She was going to die.

Kitty, probably one of the most likely survivors, was going to be eaten.

Audrey and Son climb down their trees to the ground.

“I’ll hold them off,” Audrey says. “Get her back up, or away from here,” she commands. Son attempts to pick Kitty up from the ground, but can’t due to lack of strength and too much weight. Audrey defends Son and Kitty, only just.

Alexis hops down and scoops Kitty up, damn she was doing a lot of carrying. “I can’t climb back up!’ Alexis cries, “then run bitch!” Kitty yells from her arms, Alexis takes off, only to be met with a small pack of zombies. Audrey spins around and flings a kitchen knife at a zombie. It completely misses that one, but hits the one to its left.

Fenn and Flo watch from above in the trees, praying that it’ll turn out well. Son and Audrey fight on the centre, keeping the zombies at bay, Alexis attempting to dodge the flesh eating monsters. She escapes into the night, Kitty in her arms, but a few zombie chase after them.

Flo gets out of her tree to help with the battle, swinging her clothing rack, smashing the walkers’ faces in, blood flying into the air. Fenn too helps, swinging the silver blade that is a kitchen knife, occasionally using the bludgeoning pole.

They kill enough zombies in one area so they can run, which is exactly what they do.

They run.

Twigs and branches snap under their feet and that of the zombies which sprint behind them, a thousand bugs dying in the chase.

“I can’t… go… any-”

“No! We have to go!”

They keep running, Son falling behind slightly. Audrey grabs her hand as if to tug her along. “Come on!” She cheers, just then, a rock, from nowhere might I add, trips Fenn over. Flo tugs the human from the ground and they keep going.

“I think I see a break! See look, a road!”

That gives them a spring of hope. Audrey feels a pull on her arm and they all hear a scream. A zombie sinks its teeth into Son’s soft flesh.

Audrey turns and stabs the monster in the face, her teeth fall away from Son’s arm as it collapses to the ground. Audrey turns to Son, their faces full of worry, fear. But Fenn and Flo keep running so they’re fine.

“I’m sorry,” Audrey whispers and she raises her knife. Son clenches her eyes shut as she prepares for death. She feels a sharp pain in her arm and then no pain then pain so bad it’s hard to describe. Also, her forearm’s missing. Audrey tugs Son along, blood spewing from her missing half limb. There’s the sound of tearing fabric and Audrey hands her the ripped hood from her hoodie. “Use this to stop the blood,” she commands. Son presses the hood to her bleeding stump as they run forwards.

They burst out of the bushes, but no sign of Fenn and Flo, and every sign of zombies chasing after them.

The two turn a left at the road, hopefully losing the zombies. They run up the road and on top of a hill. The zombies keep moving forwards, so the two girls have lost them. They flop on the ground and Audrey immediately attends to the missing limb. By now the hood is blood soaked with only minor signs of the bleeding stopping. Audrey tears the sleeve of her jumper and ties it around the arm, cutting off the blood flow. That should help. She strips the other arm of its sleeve and balls it up to press to the blood flow. Son winces in pain and jumps slightly at the contact between her new stump and Audrey dressing it.

“How did you know to do that?”

“I saw it in a movie and a TV show. Thought it was worth a shot.” Audrey shrugs, the bleeding slows, “but I wasn’t a hundred percent sure it’d work.” She adds, Son smiles but feels light headed due to blood loss. “You okay?” Audrey gives a concerned, questioning look. “… Yeah,” Son gets out. “Alright, lets move,” Audrey commands once the bleeding stopped. Son gets to her feet, which are aching like you wouldn’t believe.

And just like that, a group of six, was separated.