Chapter 13

The next day...

So far, the day is not going well for Y/N.

This morning he missed his usual bus so he had to wait for the next one thus making him late for school.

When he reached school, he tripped on his untied shoelaces in the hallway. Thankfully not many people saw that but it's still embarrassing hearing quiet laughs from them.

Even during the first period he got an earful from his science teacher because he forgot to do a homework that was assigned to him last week.

Not to mention he still doesn't know how to face Hyewon after last night. He's been avoiding eye contact from Hyewon since he saw her in class.

Of course Hyewon is also feeling awkward after what she's done yesterday. The embarrassment that both of them are feeling right now just makes them want to bury themselves.

----------

"I definitely used up all my luck yesterday....." A lifeless looking Y/N muttered. "What're you talking about?" Hyunjin asked his friend about his statement.

Both of them just bought their foods from the cafeteria and are on their way walking to their usual eating spot with the rest of the gang.

"Hyunjin.....can we eat somewhere else today?" Y/N asks him. "The heck you talking about? What about the others?" Hyunjin questioned Y/N's sudden request.

"Just....I kinda had a cold last night and I don't want them to get sick." Y/N making up an excuse in the heat of the moment.

"So you're basically saying it's okay for me to get sick?" Hyunjin shot a glare at Y/N. "They'll be fine around you, it's not like you'll kiss them or anything."

KISS...KISS...KISS...

That word keeps replaying in Y/N's head over and over again. "Bro why is your face so red?" Hyunjin notices Y/N's face has become redder than usual.

"Come on they're waiting for us." Hyunjin continue to walk to the backside garden.

When they're all got together, everyone is talking and laughing except for Hyewon and Y/N. The awkwardness is just too much for them right now.

Both of them is not the most talkative and loudest person in the group but their passiveness didn't go unnoticed.

"Hey why are you two so quiet?" Yena asked them. "Wh- what do you mean we're quiet hahahaha" of course right now he's just trying to hide their nervousness.

"I was talking to Nako, I'm not being quiet." Hyewon added. "Really? It's just you two have this weird vibe today. Probably it's nothing." Yena dismissed what she felt.

The two was relieved for a moment. If they act any weirder people will start to suspect something happened and more questions will be asked.

'Gosh come on, I need this day to be over quickly.' Y/N thought while looking at the blue sky above him.

----------

It's time to go home. As much as both of them wanted to avoid each other, they can't. They're both in the same class, took the same bus to and from their school, they even live near each other.

"Hey let's go." Y/N approaches Hyewon first to go home together. "O- o- okay. Let me pack my things for a minute." They finally talked to each other for the first time today, still didn't look each other in the eyes but still a progress.

Hyewon walk a few steps behind Y/N but the boy didn't want it to be more awkward so he asks her to walk beside her.

The bus ride back home was quite, they didn't talk again. But on the walk back home to their apartments from the bus stop, Y/N finally said something.

"Whydidyoukissmesosuddenlylastnight!?" Y/N spitting words like he's some kind of main rapper of an idol group.

"Wh-what?" Hyewon confused by his sudden burst of words. Ear all redden, he said again. "Why di- did you k- k- kiss me..."

"I-i don't know... It seems like it was the right thing to do at the time..." Hyewon answered. Both are a stuttering mess right now.

"Sorry. That kiss was really surprising..." Hyewon lowered her head. "I didn't say I dislike it... It's just caught me off guard. If wouldn't mind if you asked me..." Y/N said looking away from Hyewon.

"So.... you'll let me if i ask you?" Hyewon asks the boy. "S- sure of course!" He tried acting all cool and manly but it doesn't seem like it works that much.

"Can i kiss you right now?" Hyewon didn't wait that long to take action. "Right now? You mean right now right now!?" Y/N now has lost his cool and is now flustered.

Hyewon nodded and now is looking directly at Y/N's eyes. "Y-yes you can but you don't have to if it's too much for you. I know it's still hard for you." Y/N said to her.

He don't want Hyewon to push herself to do something she might don't want to in the first place. "Because it's you... I'm gonna be fine because it's you..." Hyewon said.

Y/N saw Hyewon's lips turn into a sweet smile before she latched on him and started kissing him. On the lips this time, not his cheek.

Y/N's eyes widen from the shock of Hyewon connecting her lips to his. He felt everything around them slowed down.

His eyes is still open and he saw Hyewon's eyes were closed like she's trying to really feel the moment. After a few seconds, he slowly closed his eyes and melted into her soft kiss.

He rested his hands on her shoulder and pulled Hyewon closer. But it was too close, he can also felt something against his torso. 'Control yourself Y/N!' He thought at the time.

If this was a dream than this might be one of his best dreams, but this is real life.

Few more second passed and they finally released their lips from each other. Sure it was only a few seconds but it felt like it lasted for hours.

"Wow that was awesome..." Hyewon said looking straight into his eyes. "It sure is, I never felt like that. So this is what your first kiss suppose to feel like." Y/N stated.

"That was your first kiss?" Hyewon asked him. "Believe it or not, it is actually." Y/N chuckled.

"Sadly...that wasn't my first kiss..." Hyewon said and her body started to tremble a bit.

"No!" Y/N suddenly raise his voice at her.

"You Kang Hyewon. Your first kiss was with me, Son Y/N." He said. "What that person did to you was wrong! So please consider me as your first kiss." Y/N bowed to her.

His action made Hyewon laugh out loud. Hearing her laughed is surprising at first but nothing beats the feelings he gets when he saw her genuinely happy.

"Y/N you don't need to bow to me." She wiped the tear that was coming out from her eyes.

"Okay... you're my first kiss too Son Y/N." Both just smiled at each other. Forgetting that the fact both of them is actually on the side of the road.

"Well since we're at this stage already. I don't know if you noticed my signals but... Kang Hyewon I am in love with you..." He felt like he also needed to do something, so he confess to Hyewon.

"I already knew that Y/N, you did told me last night." Both of them remembering Y/N's statement about how heroes supposed to protect their love ones.

Damn cringe but love makes you say things like that.

"I'm also in love with you." Hyewon said to him.

_____________________________________________