Chapter 7

Balthazar's POV

For three weeks, things kept looking worse and worse for Azula. There would be days where she would do nothing but sleep, no energy to keep her eyes open for even five minutes. Until today. I had gone into my tent to check on her when I saw her standing and brushing her hair. She turned and gave me a soft smile, "I lived." I immediately left to find Doc. He was looking over the inventory when I rushed in. "Did she finally pass," He asked me. "She is up and standing," I informed him. "Was even brushing her hair." He left with me to give her a check up. "Tell me, how do you feel," Doc asked her. "I feel like I'm over flowing with energy," She told him.  Her eyes sparkled with a new kind of light. He went to measure her temperature, when the thermometer barely touched her skin, ice covered it. "It appears, Neve has fully unleashed her magical abilities," Doc told me as we eyed the thermometer. 

I nodded then sent him away so I could talk with her. "You slept so long because you were in Neve and Othos' temple weren't you," I asked her. I had been there once when I almost perished as a child due to my father's enemy wanting to take their heirs out of the picture. At the temple Othos saved my spirit as the healers healed my body. She nodded, "I had a nice time with her. We had tea." The goddess of cruel and merciless winters had tea with a woman who has a personality much opposite of her own? I wish I had been there to witness it. Azula pushed the sleeve of her night gown up. She concentrated and made white markings appear on her arms, much like to the one framing her eyes. "Time passes much differently there, so she was able to teach me how to use my abilities as well. I only slipped a little with the thermometer because I'm getting used to my magic levels. In the God realm it was unlimited, but here it measures differently." She then made the markings disappear. 

"You must be careful with your abilities once we leave the camp," I told her. "Once we're home, you'll have freedom like you do here, but between here and there, we don't want the wrong person seeing it." She nodded, "Yes sir." "I will go get you something to eat while you dress," I said before leaving the tent. She truly was a strange little thing. Lui came running up to me, "Is it true? Is Azula okay?" I nodded, "She is. She is getting dressed right now."  Word had spread quickly of her sudden recovery. 

"Maybe now you can relax," Lui said once I had gotten her food. I raise an eyebrow at him, "Excuse me?" "You worried so much for her. Just like you did when I got sick," He said. "You care about her a lot." I shook my head, "I do not. I spent a lot of money on her, I don't want it to go to waste." He giggled, "Didn't you tell me it's not good to lie? That it was pointless? It's okay if you like her father. Neve does, so it makes sense that you do too." "And I thought you didn't care for her," I asked him. "I've watched you. And before what Uncle did, I watched her. She's different from other slaves," He explained. "It's much different than what I see at the castle." 

We went into the tent and found her holding Sioc, who has grown to the size of a small dog. "Eat," I told her while handing her the plate. She nodded, "Thank you." She ate in silence. "How long till we go home," Lui asked me. "Soon I hope. The rebels have almost backed off entirely. I know many of their numbers have surrendered and went about their lives," I told him. "And I was hoping there would be at least some kind of fight," Lui said, slightly disappointed. He truly was a demon through and through. Once she was done eating, I made her leave the tent to get some much needed sun. 

"Anything else happen with Neve and Othos that I should be aware of," I asked her. "That your brother is working with the shadows," She told me softly. "They fear he has ventured from the path. His movements are becoming blurry." The gods could only see those who worship them. If they can't see him, then it is not good at all. If he is dipping into the darkness, I must warn my parents at once, but I have no proof. He would surely twist it in some way to make it appear as if I'm lying. "They also said, that no matter what, he must never take the throne."