Chapter 8

With the rebels completely dispersed, we were able to return. Waiting for us on the front step was Deckland and a woman Lui resembled rather strongly. "Mother!" Lui said excitedly as he got out of the limo. Balthazar growled softly in the limo before stepping out. I avoided looking at Deckland as I focused on breathing through the pain. "I see you return unscathed," Deckland commented as he looked at his brother. "There was no fight to be had. It was over swiftly," Balthazar told him. "So what brings you here?" "We have come to retrieve Lui," the woman told him. "And to give you a little warning, that Evaline and I will be completing our mating this weekend," Deckland told Balthazar. My blood froze. I wasn't ready to go through that pain. I could barely stay standing while dealing with the pain I'm in now. Why did he have to come so soon after I recovered?

Balthazar stayed silent. "No words to give your once beloved," Deckland taunted. Balthazar stayed silent again. Deckland glared, "You should congratulate your brother." He went to punch Balthazar, but I moved fast, grabbing his arm and breaking it. Deckland cried out in pain and dropped to his knees. "I am under order to protect my Master, from all forms of harm. You will not lay a hand on him," I told him coldly. He went to attack me, but I dodged it, and slammed my knee into his stomach.

"Aren't you going to do anything," the woman seethed at Balthazar. "My slave is carrying out her orders," Balthazar told her coldly. "Not only is she under orders to protect, Lui and I, but she is also under orders to protect herself because it is only I who is allowed to cause any harm to her body and mind." I left Deckland crumpled on the ground and went back to Balthazar's side. I had to admit, being able to hurt Deckland, gave me wicked satisfaction.

"Mokoto, put my brother into the back of his vehicle," Balthazar ordered. Mokoto nodded and carried out his orders. He practically tossed the injured demom into the back of the car. I then looked at Lui and saw he was smiling brightly. The woman then began to yell at Balthazar in the Demonic tongue. It was forbidden slaves learn the demonic tongue because it was seen as a sacred language, and filth like myself and Mokoto were unworthy of knowing it.

Balthazar seemed to be angered by something she had said, and it even had Lui glaring at her and stepping away from her. "I want to stay with dad," Lui declared. Then he ran inside. I looked to Mokoto and he nodded before going inside to stay with him. "I will not allow him to stay here," the woman snapped. "You're wasting time Evaline. If he heals in a way it doesn't set correctly, it will surely be a painful process to re-break his arm so it can heal properly," he told her. "I will take care of my son. It is clear you have other priorities."

She began to yell once more until he tired of it and snapped his fingers. She, the car, and his brother were then gone. I kept my eyes on the ground. I was shocked when I felt him rest a hand on my head, "Did you enjoy hurting him?" I nodded, "It felt good to be able to hurt him. Although it will never equal the pain he put me through."

He nodded and then went inside. I followed after him. He went to his office and I began to make the dragons something to eat. Once they settled with their food, I began to dust the the library. It was late by the time I had finished. I jumped in shock when I found Balthazar in the door way, watching me. He seemed to have a strange look in his eyes. "I've been thinking," He told me. "I want to hurt them, before they can hurt us. Never have I enjoyed another, because I didn't want Lui to see me put his mother through the pain she put me through. However, he is here, and can not see it." He came closer to me, and I noted that I only went chest high to him due to the difference in height. "Mate with me Azula," He told me. I was shocked. "I'm just a slave," I told him. "Why mate with me?" He then flicked my forehead, "Your markings and magic gifted to you by Neve say other wise. Do not insult the Goddess, by thinking so lowly of yourself." 

"With the mating, everything I have will be yours, just as everything you have will be mine. I am asking you to be my mate, and although we have no feelings of love for one another, I will still follow traditions with you," He told me. I nodded, "If that is what you wish,  then I will mate with you." I didn't want to be hurt by that scum anymore. I didn't want to go to bed, preparing to hurt in a few hours. Mating with Prince Balthazar would mean I get to truly hurt him like he did me when he rejected me. Too bad it doesn't put him on his death bed though.