Chapter 24

Balthazar's POV

The plans were set. I was taking my family and our servants to the private island. I even contacted Yulen's father to get permission for Yulen to come along so Lui would have someone to hang out with. Mokoto and Sarshay were still healing from their recent injuries so working was out of the question for them. I wanted them to go to avoid anymore incidents.

"You wanted to see me sir," Mokoto said when he came into the office. "We're leaving tomorrow for a trip to my private island," I informed him. "You and Sarshay will spend your recovery time there as well to avoid any more issues. No doubt once Shazik recovers he will want revenge." Azula was not merciful in her punishment and in all honesty, it was beautiful.

"How long will we be gone," He asked me. "Two weeks," I answered. He nodded then left my office. I then followed the bond to Azula who was outside with the dragons. Rí was watching over her and Sioc while Azula played with Destroyer with her snow magic and Sioc was enjoying a snow treat.

Azula smiled when she saw me. I pulled her to me and gave her a kiss, "Having fun?" "Very much so," she answered. "I have made plans for us to leave first thing tomorrow morning," I told her. Her eyebrows rose slightly, "And where are we going?" "On vacation to our island," I told her. "I invited Yulen to come along so Lui would have someone to hang out with. Mokoto and Sarshay will also be accompanying us so they can finish healing without anything happening to them. We will be gone for two weeks." "A vacation sounds wonderful," she said with a smile. Destroyer then let us know he was annoyed that she stopped playing with him by huffing and stomping one of his feet. We looked at him and he started wagging his tail. 

Lui then came outside and Destroyer turned his attention to him. Lui smiled and hugged the beast despite the fact Destroyer was the size of a horse now. They all were honestly. At the rate Destroyer was growing, he would most likely grow to be bigger than the other two. "Is it true, we're going a trip," Lui asked us. "Yulen texted me about being excited." I nodded, "We're leaving tomorrow morning. We'll be  gone for two weeks." Lui smiled, "This trip is gonna be so cool." Destroyer then stomped with a huff, wanting Lui's attention again. Lui laughed, "So needy." Lui then began to play with Destroyer while Azula and I sat with our dragons. 

We watched the two play until sundown. 

The next morning Azula stood in our room wearing a baby blue sundress that went to her knees and white ballet flats. Her hair was in a side braid, showing her mark proudly. I grabbed our bags and left our room where the boys were talking loudly and laughing. Sarshay and Mokoto were waiting as well. Sarshay was giving Mokoto an annoyed look with her arms crossed while the corners of his lips were lifted slightly in a smile. I have received that annoyed look from Azula a couple of times. 

"Let's get going," Lui said happily. The boys ran off eagerly while the rest of us followed. 

On the plane, Mokoto and Sarshay sat towards the back, close to each other. The boys each took a window seat. Azula and I sat towards the middle. I lifted her legs to stretch across my lap, leaving a hand on her thigh. She smiled softly at me, "So what are our plans once we get there?" 

"Just relaxing and enjoying one another," I told her. "I feel after current events that it's very much needed." She nodded in agreement, "I do too." "And I thought we would tattoo each other," I suggested to her. It was Fae tradition to tattoo their mates if they were warriors. "And where were you thinking of putting them," she asked, a light blush tinting her cheeks. "Along our spines since it's the only place our marks don't cover when we summon them," I told her. "I have already ordered the supplies and they're waiting for us on the island." 

I had spent a few hours going through all of our books that we had on the Fae, trying to think of how I wanted her mark to look. I looked up symbols and runes, and their meanings. It took me a while but I finally figured it out. She smiled, "I'd like that a lot."

I laced her fingers with mine and brought them to my lips as a light blush covered her cheeks.

The rest of the flight was peaceful with the boys laughing every now and then. When we landed the boys unboarded eagerly. The island was quite large, but it was just us. There were three individual houses, one of Azula and I, one for the boys, and one for Mokoto and Sarshay. They also had some distance between them but I could be able to stand on the deck and see them. I also had all three houses completely stocked to last us the entire two weeks to ensure no one had their time uninterrupted.

Azula made dinner for us and the kids. After they ate, they ran off. While Azula was doing the dishes I was in the bathroom getting a nice bath ready for the two of us. I had candles lit and the lights were low. I even had wine poured for the two of us. When she came into the room I pulled her to me. I unzipped her dress and she let it fall to the floor before she stepped out of it. I watched as she took off the rest of her clothes before following her lead. In the bath she rested against me, a glass of wine in her hand. "I was thinking of giving you a laoch claíomh," she told me. "What does that mean," I asked her curiously. It was beautiful hearing her talk in her native tongue. "It's a warrior's sword," she answered. "The hilt will blend with your markings on your shoulders, while the blade will go down your spine. Then my claim will tattooed in the blade." "I want you to write your claim in your native language," I told her. "I want it to follow your traditions completely, not be altered for me." 

"It's supposed to act as a warning," she told me. "What's the point if they can't understand it?" "The fact it will be done in white to match the markings the Goddess gave you, should be warning enough," I explained to her. She smiled as she tilted her head back, "You surely have thought of everything, haven't you my King?" I chuckled softly before lowering my head to kiss her lips, "Indeed I have."