Chapter 16

For weeks we looked in to the Lords disappearances. The legion found a few of them, but no sign of the Lewsdal. They were weak from hunger and dehydrated but they weren't injured. Today Balthazar told me to take a break from the investigation so I decided to spend time with Lui who has been doing his best to learn various things from the warriors here, but it was clear to me he was growing bored.

"Can you show me some cool things you can do here with all this snow," Lui asked excitedly as we walked to the edge of the camp where the field was. I nodded and began to show him various things that I could do. I made a life size replica of our home out of the snow. I then changed it into what I believe Sioc would look like when she is fully grown. I continued to change it until a snow ball hit me in the side of the head and Lui's laughter echoed. I gave him a playful glare and fired back my own snow ball. Lui ran around, laughing, throwing snow balls back and forth. Lui taunted me with a song and dance and I threw one. He ducked and it flew past him, hitting a passing Balthazar who was talking with one of his men, in the face.

Lui laughed hard, while I suppressed a smile. Balthazar wiped the snow from his face and he gave me a playful glare. He said something to the man he was with before he looked back to Lui and I. "Run," Lui said before he began running. I laughed and began running at a slow and playful pace. Balthazar chased after me. I couldn't help the playful squeal when Balthazar grabbed me, and picked me up. He held me like I was a child, my butt perched on his arm, my hands on his shoulder, putting me a little taller than him.

He chuckled, "I think you should apologize." I laughed softly, "And what is an acceptable way to apologize?" He used his free hand to pull my head down to him, his lips capturing mine. He nipped my bottom lip playfully before he pulled away, "That's a good start. I will accept the rest once we're alone." "Get a room," Lui said before throwing a snowball that hit Balthazar in the chest. Balthazar gave him a playful glare, before using his magic to move us behind Lui. He used his free arm to grab Lui and pick him up so his feet hung. Lui took this chance to take a selfie of the three of us before Balthazar put us both down. I took off the scarf I was wearing and wrapped it around Lui's neck, "Let's go get you some hot chocolate." 

Balthazar's POV

I watched as Azula and Lui went to the mess tent. She tenderly brushed snow from his hair. I noticed Lui lowered his nose to her scarf that was around his neck, taking in her comforting scent. He truly did accept her as his mother. Spending time with them was a nice break, but now I had to go check on the Lords we had rescued. If we continue to have no more evidence of the Lewsdal in the area then I would send the Legion home. No need to waste their time chasing cold trails. 

I went into the medic tent. Many of them were asleep and Doc was checking on the vitals of one. "How are they doing," I asked him. "After another day or so, they'll be well enough to go home," he told me. I nodded, "Good. When they're ready, see to it a couple of the men escort them home." He nodded, "Yes sir." 

He then glanced to my wings, "Is the protectant holding up?" I nodded, "As I have assured my mate, it is working as it should." He chuckled as he wrote something on his clipboard, "Azula is a good woman. At first I did have my doubts, but then I saw how she cares about you and the boy." "Evaline disowned Lui," I told him. He snapped his gaze to me, "She did what?" I nodded, "She was pissed Lui was telling her how nice Azula has been and she lost it. Azula claimed him as her son." He shook his head, "Azula may not be his birth mother, but it's clear she is the mother he needs." I nodded, "I agree." 

I then left the tent and made my way to the mess tent. I stepped inside and I saw Lui throwing a marshmallow into the air and catching it in his mouth. He was eleven, not many years left to be a child. He didn't really get to be a child. The palace life has a tendency to crush that. You're having to be paraded around to the Lords and Ladies, focus on your studies, and watch how you appear to others. It was why I moved from the palace. I tried to take Lui with me, but my parents and Evaline put a stop to that. I had worried that he would turn out like me, enjoy blood shed and torture, something my father taught me. My mother had little influence in my life, mostly dealing with my younger brother. There is nothing wrong with what I enjoy, but when I look at my son, I realized, that's not what I want for him. 

Seeing him laugh with Azula as the marshmallow he threw bounce off his nose, that's the kind of life I want for him. Azula then turned her eyes to me. They were much different from when I first saw her. They sparkled with joy and light. It was hard to believe that I was the cause of it. Fear and terror, that I was used too, but not joy and light. 

"Join us father," Lui encouraged as Azula got up and got me a cup of hot chocolate. I sat next to Lui as Azula placed it down in front of me. "When are we going to go home," Lui asked me before tossing another marshmallow up and catching it in his mouth. "In a few days if we don't find anymore leads," I answered before taking a drink. "Then Azula can make me the cake she promised me," Lui cheered happily. I raised an eyebrow, "Cake?" "I had promised him I would make him something to eat when we got home, because he was upset that during the blizzard he wouldn't get to have any of my cooking," Azula explained. 

I nodded, "What kind of cake?" "Red velvet," Lui said happily. "When we get back we will also need to do your wing exercises," I told him. It has been a while since we worked on strengthening the muscles in his wings. It takes children years before they're able to fly. We were like the dragons and birds with hollow bones to make us lighter. Our bones were thick and heavy, adding to our weight so it took time for our muscles in our backs and wings to get us off the ground. I wasn't able to properly fly till I was fourteen. Deckland until he was seventeen. Lui was showing great progress but it has been a while since we worked on it.

"I can't wait till I can fly," Lui said excitedly. "Then I can fly with Destroyer and father." "Work hard and you'll be off the ground in no time," Azula told him. Lui smiled brightly and then went on to talk on other topics.

After walking Lui to his tent for bed, I took Azula's hand as we walked back to our own tent. Once inside, I removed my coat, "Now about that apology." She blushed as she let down her hair, "And how would you like it?" I gave her a smirk as I pulled her to me. I lowered my head, my lips hovering over her mark. "With you writhing in pleasure beneath me as I enjoy every inch of you," I told her before biting into her mark, renewing it. She moaned loudly, her knees buckling. I withdrew my fangs before picking her up and making our clothes disappear. I kissed her as I made my way to the bed. I put her down on her feet, before spinning her around, bending her over the bed. The smell of her arousal was thick in the air, fueling my need to bury myself balls deep within her. I pushed inside her, both of us moaning. "I will not be gentle with you my Queen," I warned her, while putting a magic cloak around the tent, that made it sound proof. Her cries of pleasure were for my ears alone.

I was savage as I thrusted into her, pulling orgasm after orgasm from her. She met my savageness with her own and it was mind blowing. I took her from behind, from below, and every position between. Then she blew my mind as she took control, riding me into a few orgasms of my own.

When we finally finished, we were covered in a layer of sweat. She laid on top of me, my cock still buried deep within her, going soft. I was too exhausted to move so I used my magic to cover us with the blanket before falling asleep.