Chapter 11

Balthazar's POV

I woke up to Azula not being in bed with me. I growled softly and got out of bed. I put on my briefs before stalking out of the room. I neared the kitchen and smelled something truly amazing. I saw a platter of freshly baked cinnamon rolls on a platter. It seems my mate has been up for a while. As I snagged one, I heard Lui laugh from the patio and followed it. Sitting on the patio in one of my shirts and a pair of pajama bottoms was Azula, her hair up in a messy bun. "Look dad," Lui said as he pointed to the miniature snow men between them, a small cloud keeping them cold with small flakes falling on them. Azula turned her head, "Good morning." I held up the cinnamon roll, "These are the best I've ever had." I noticed a light pink blush covered her pale skin, "Thank you. I guess I'll make them more often for you." I finished eating my cinnamon roll before sitting behind her, my legs on either side of hers. I wrapped my arms around her waist and watched her continue to show Lui her ice magic. She moved her hand around the snow men and the snow broke apart, turning to ice, creating a small sculpture of Sioc. Then Destroyer came running through, Rí hot on his tail looking rather annoyed.

"Destroyer," Lui complained. Azula remade the sculpture with ease. She then changed it so it was one of me. I wasn't in my usual suits. Instead I was in a tshirt, my leather pants, and combat boots. Despite it's small size, she was able to put in well defined lines. She even had the lines of my wings done precisely. Sioc then came over, laying her head on Azula's leg. "I wish my magic let me make things," Lui said as he watched her. "It can," She told him. "After all it's your magic. You choose how it is used." "Is that true father," Lui asked me. "My tutors always say my magic have to be used for what they were intended for." "And only the Gods know what your magic is intended for," I told him. "Your tutors are teaching you what Deckland and your mother want you to learn." 

Azula made the ice disappear and Lui went to go work on his lessons. I ran my nose down the side of her neck, inhaling her scent. "You left the bed," I told her. "I was hungry," She told me. "You have this habit of not being able to keep your hands to yourself, and it resulted me in missing dinner last night." Her tone was soft and light. She leaned into me, looking up at me, "So what are our plans today?" "We need to do some shopping and give you a wardrobe fit for a queen," I told her. "What's the point of having a wardrobe if you keep taking my clothes off," She asked me. I chuckled softly, "I enjoy undressing you. I enjoy tearing your underwear from you even more." Her face was taken over by a deep blush. I placed a soft kiss on her lips before we got up. As we passed the kitchen I grabbed another cinnamon roll. These truly were the best I've had. 

At the clothing store, I sat in a chair, this time more hands on with picking her wardrobe. "I enjoy seeing my mate in white, but I would also like to see her in soft colors," I told the woman who nodded. Many demons wore dark colors to compliment their darker complexions, so most of Azula's wardrobe would have to be custom. Azula truly wasn't a fan of being pampered and having money and such spent on her but it was necessary.  I enjoy seeing her in her sundresses and such, and while at the mansion it is okay for her to wear them, but at the palace, she will be expected to dress like royalty. 

"This is from last year's line and it wasn't really popular, but we do have this," the woman said before Azula stepped out of the changing room in a white gown. It hugged her nicely, and had a split on the right side that stopped half way up her thigh. The dress shimmered like new fallen snow when the sun hits it. It was strapless, and wouldn't take much for me to tug it off of her. I nodded, "We will take it." The woman nodded and went back to looking for clothes that fit the instructions I had given her. We would have to meet with a designer to discuss much of her wardrobe, but we managed to find enough for now. 

Once the bags were in the car, I took her hand and decided to walk with her to the electronic store to get her a few things. We got her a cell phone and a tablet that she had looked at excitedly when she saw the feature where she would be able to use it instead of a large cook book. Many may find it improper behavior for a Queen to cook, but it makes her happy and that was worth any whispers the Lords and Ladies may say about her. I also needed to look into Fae traditions and what would be common for the Fae. She may be demon in spirit but instincts were still instincts, no matter your race.