chapter 1

Jen's POV-

I came home to find him sitting on the couch and watching TV. 

Not one word. Not hello, not 'Jen, it's almost 9, where have you been?', not 'You look stressed, let me give you a massage'. 

Nothing. 

Nothing was like how it used to be. How as soon as I got home from work, he would hug me, kiss me, give me flowers, cook (terrible) dinners for me and then we would laugh and talk and make love late into the night. It was all changed. 

"Hey." I said quietly, just loud enough for him to hear. 

"Oh, I didn't realize you were home." He said, pausing the TV. Bullshit. You can hear the garage door closing anywhere in the house. 

"Well, I am. What are we doing for dinner?" I asked, a little more sharply than I had intended.

"Do you want to just order in some food? I'll get you a salad and a smoothie from that place you like." He said. I sighed. At least he was trying a little. 

"Yeah, that's fine. Call it in now so it'll be ready soon." I mumbled, and flopped down on the couch. He comes closer to me and kisses me gently. Damn those butterflies in my stomach. "I missed you. Why did you have to stay at work so late?" He asked softly, his lips millimeters from mine. 

"We were filming really late, no one had practiced their lines, so it was just a mess." I said. He kissed me again, this time a little more forcefully, and I involuntarily moaned into his mouth. I shouldn't have forgot how good he was at that. 

He pushed me down on the couch and we continued to kiss until I broke away for air and stared into his eyes. Crystal blue with flecks of gold. He climbed off me and went to go call in the food. 

I knew he loved me, but was love enough?