chapter 3

Jen's POV

I'm happy we've decided to go on vacation. We've decided on Fiji for three days and Europe for five. 

We left early that morning and decided to catch a regular plane to Fiji. I don't like flying private. 

The islands are beautiful and we spent the days on the beach, falling more in love and rekindling the flame in our relationship.

But everything deteriorated when we got to Spain.

Brad wanted to go to a soccer match. I said no. Crowded stadiums and people tipping off the paparazzi was the last thing we needed on our relaxing vacation.

It ended with a fight. 

Brad told me I was being inconsiderate, and to 'get over myself' as he so kindly put it. I told him he was being a selfish pig and that he's always the one complaining about the shutterbugs anyway. 

He left the hotel room at 2 pm, and didn't get back until 8 pm. I sat in the room crying, getting room service, and watching TV. I was so sick of our arguments. Why couldn't our marriage just WORK?

He came in at 8. He was sweaty, and looked disheveled. 

"Did you go to the match?" I asked. He nodded. I rolled my eyes. 

"What's wrong with that? I went to a soccer game. Big deal. You were probably out shopping all day anyway." He said coolly. 

I snapped. 

"No, I wasn't out fucking shopping, Brad. I was sitting in this room the entire day crying and waiting for you to come back and you didn't! What the hell is wrong with you? Where is your sensitivity chip? It's like the only person you ever think about is yourself! I'm so tired, Brad, I'm just so tired of all the arguments and the fights. You're just not there for me anymore." She said, breaking down. Her eyes fluttered. 

Brad sighed. "I'm sorry. I was just angry and feeling spiteful." He said quietly. 

"Sorry isn't enough! The number of times you've apologized, it doesn't even mean anything anymore.  I need you to be there for me, Brad. FRIENDS just ended, don't you realize how much of my life that was? I'm in a funk. You're not even there to console me when I'm sad, and it pisses me off. Please, just be there when I ask." She said. Brad nodded and stroked her hair. 

"I'm so tired, I just want to start a family and have children with you, but we can't if this is how things are between us. I can't have our child grow up in a broken family. I just can't." She said. "Can you go take a shower and then come lay with me?"

...

Brad climbed into bed with Jen. She curled into his side, his warmth seeping into her. He smelled like Old Spice and laundry detergent. He stroked her back and kissed her hair gently. 

"It's a cycle. We fight and then make up. And then fight. And then make up. I need you to try harder at our relationship. Please." She said, her voice trembling. He kissed her lips softly. 

"I'm so sorry, baby. I really am. I don't want to make you feel this way, okay? Believe me." He said. 

She cried very softly into his grey t-shirt, wrapped in the comforter and his arms.