chapter 2

Brad's POV

I don't know what's happened to our marriage. 

Every night we've cared more about sleep than sex, we barely even touch each other. We're always tired and cranky  and don't even interact with each other. She's filming friends, I'm filming my movies. 

I'm destined to make this work out. I love her with all my heart but I'm afraid that our marriage is going to end, just like every other Hollywood couple. 

I promised her children. No, we  promised each other  children. Do we have any? No.

She's the most beautiful woman alive. No other woman in the world holds a candle to her. She's stunning. Like a floating angel.

She's funny. She makes me laugh constantly. She's the kindest, warmest, sweetest person I've ever met. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't care. 

She's literally the perfect woman, and I managed to bag her. Now I'm just going to throw that all away?

What the hell am I doing?

...

I pull up to the studio where she films FRIENDS. I hurry into her dressing room and find her sitting on the couch with a blank look on her face. Her head jerks up when I walk in and confusion erupts across her face. 

"What are you doing here?" She asks quietly. Back to the blank face.

"I can't visit my wife on set?" I say back. This shuts her up. She scoots over a little on the couch so I can sit next to her. I sit and she instinctively curls up into my side, her honey-colored hair all in my face. 

Coconut. That's what shampoo she uses. 

I give her a loving peck on her forehead and she sighs. I can see her lip trembling.

"Are you okay?" I whisper. She shakes her head and hugs me tightly, crying into my shirt. "Babe, what's wrong?" I ask gently, rubbing her arms. 

"I don't know. I just... I'm so stressed and scared. And I don't know why. And I..." She dissolves back into tears. I kiss her softly and set her down on the couch, and quickly run into the producer's office. 

"Hey, Kevin, Marta. Jen isn't feeling well at all today. Can we postpone filming?" I ask. They nod, annoyed, but say yes anyway.

I hurry back into the dressing room and help Jen up. I quietly explain the situation to her co-stars and they give word to the audience. We get into my car and head home. 

I put her in bed and bring her a cup of tea, black chai with half a tablespoon of sugar, just as she likes it. She smiles weakly as she sips the hot drink, shuddering. 

"Want to explain to me what's going on?" I ask, rubbing her hand, turning her wedding ring in circles around her finger. 

"Brad, our... our marriage is crumbling." She says softly. I nod, unable to speak as she goes on. "I don't want it to happen but I can feel it, and I know you can too. We were so happy and in love before... what happened? The passion between us is just slipping away. We haven't had sex in what, almost two months? I know, all the stuff about children, the stress at work, and the constant shutterbugs aren't making it any easier on us, but we're strong, right? We should be able to fight through this! Damn it, we're Jennifer and Brad, America's golden couple! What the hell are we doing, letting something this good just slip between our fingers?" She says, openly crying. 

I have to fight back my own tears, knowing I have to be strong for her, for us. I wrap her up in my arms as she cries into my shirt. 

"Listen to me. I've been a terrible husband. I ignore you, I neglect 'us' time, I get too caught up with work. Baby, I'm so sorry, I love you so, so, so, so, so, much, more than you'll ever dream of or know. I'm going to fix this, I promise. I'll be that guy. Romantic massages, surprise vacations, flowers at work and visits on set every day. Everything you want and more, I'll give. We should go away, connect. The lack of communication is just too much. The damn paps taking pictures of us all the fucking time, I'm sick of it. We'll get new security details, I'll make sure they protect you. We'll go to Fiji, Bora Bora, Amsterdam, all the places we wanted to go but didn't get to. We're going to travel the world and be in love and have kids. The whole nine yards, I swear to God. Plus... four times a week." He added the last part with a cheeky smile, forcing a laugh out of her. 

"You're the best, you know that, right?" She said, leaning into his chest, breathing in his smell. It was so... him.

"Yeah, I know." He said jokingly, making her giggle. 

"How about we plan a vacation for next week? I'll take time off work, you aren't filming next week anyway. We can spend a few days in the South Pacific at one of those romantic couples resorts and then fly up to Europe for the rest of the week." He proposed. 

"That sounds amazing. I'll tell Kevin and Marta tomorrow." She said, finally getting back into good spirits. 

Brad leaned over and kissed her passionately, forcing her back on the bed and climbing on top of her. 

What happens next? Use your imagination. ;)