chapter 6

Jen opened her eyes and immediately stretched out her arms to the other side of the bed. It was cold. The covers weren't even undone. He must not have even come home last night. 

She walked into the kitchen and quickly made a cup of coffee. She changed into a tank top and shorts, put the coffee into a thermos, let the dogs out, and grabbed her keys.

She pulled up onto the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith and found Brad sitting alone, working on his lines. 

He looked up at her and gave her a small smile. "Hey. What are you doing here?" He asked. She didn't even crack a grin. 

"Why didn't you come home last night? I was waiting for you!" She said, her voice shaking. He sighed. 

"I'm sorry babe, but we absolutely had to shoot this one scene last night, and--" He began, but she cut him off. 

"We're filming the final episode today, Brad. You weren't even there to comfort me." She said quietly. Brad looked down, not even saying anything. 

"I'm sorry, honey, I promise--" He started. She cut him off again. 

"Stop saying sorry, and stop making promises you aren't going to keep. I'll be by myself when we're filming the finale, and everyone else's spouse will be backstage, and it'll show everyone exactly how dedicated to your wife you are." She snapped, wiping her eyes, and turned around, driving away.

...

The last scene was shot and Jen broke down in tears the minute they stopped filming. Michel was holding Lisa, David was holding Court, and Schwim, Matty, and Matt were having a "bro talk". 

Jen walked into her dressing room and sat on the couch, sobbing quietly. She was sad that friends was ending, she was angry that Brad didn't even have the decency to show up and support her. 

She was about to leave when she felt a slight tap on the shoulder and turned around to find Brad holding a bouquet of flowers and a guilty expression. 

She leaned into him, crying into his shirt, as he stroked her hair and kissed her forehead. 

"You... you... you actually came." She cried. He chuckled a bit. 

"Do you really think I would miss it for the world?" He asked softly.

"But I thought you were filming!" She said. 

"I pulled some strings. Actually, I just left. I'll probably get fired, but it's okay." He said, making her giggle. 

They pulled away from the hug and locked lips, unaware that Court and Lisa were watching the two of them with dreamy expressions on their faces.