Unexpected Visitor

You were starting to get somewhat of a feel on life on the base

You were starting to get somewhat of a feel on life on the base. It didn't take that long to, though. It was pretty much wake up because of Ela, try your best to get a little more sleep, get ready to work at the lab, test some gadgets, eat with Ela, back to work, have dinner and spend time with the beautiful woman before repeating the cycle. Life was pretty good, and that's the exact answer you gave Ela when she asked you how everything was so far.

"I'm glad you're adjusting to life here quite well." Ela was laying on her side next to you in bed. She was wearing a loose Star Wars tank top and some shorts.

"Yeah. Yeah it is. Helps that you're here, though. Like, a whole lot." You were laying on your back, facing Ela, wearing a University of Washington shirt and boxers.

Ela smiles a bit. "Glad I could help." It's silent for a brief moment. "So any ideas of what we should do tomorrow?"

"If anyone should be asking that it's me. You've been her for what, two to three years?"

"Heh. Fair." Ela rolls onto her back and looks at the ceiling. The reason why this was being discussed was because Harry, as the new director, believed everyone one day a week should have a day off. Obviously if there was a crisis situation anyone must be on standby and not everyone had it off on the same day, but it definitely would help with morale and overworking.  "Well, one thing we could do is drive over to London. You didn't really get to spend much time there."

"That I did not. What else?"

"Well, Birmingham is an hour and half drive if we'd like to stay closer. Or we could spend time in the house doing... whatever."

"Doing whatever? That's all you got?"

"Look it's late and I had a full day of training. My mind is not good for ideas right now. I'm tired and I'm looking forward to finally sleeping in."

"Fine. We decide tomorrow."

Ela nods and you share a kiss. "Kocham cię."

"I love you too. Good night Elżbieta."

"Dobranoc (y/n)."

Morning arrives and you feel refreshed. You blink a few times before sitting up. Ela is still asleep, and you allow her to continue her sweet dreams as you quietly exit the bed. You look out the window and see that it's raining. Well, that's not surprising. Guess we're not doing too much outside today. You grab some clothes and head to the shower. During your shower, you decide to surprise Ela and make her an omelette. You know you told Ela you couldn't really cook, but omelettes were a specialty of yours and one of the few things you knew you could do well. You get dressed and then head to the kitchen to prepare making the omelettes.

Ela must've woken up, because you hear a Polish voice from the hallway. "What smells so good?"

"Making a couple of omelettes. The sooner you shower the sooner you can have it."