First Date

Ela POV
I wake up with my head pounding. Normally when you wake up you feel good, refreshed, and ready to take on the day. Not this time. It's completely the opposite when you have a hangover. I clutch my head and blink my eyes repeatedly as I flip myself over to sit up, cursing in Polish as I do so. (Y/n) wasn't next to me, so I figured he got up and was either puking in the toilet, showering, or making breakfast. I can't recall half of what happened last night, if anything at all. I do remember doing a couple drinking games with (y/n), blacking out sometime after doing some drunk dare that I can't remember, there was some drunk dancing, and here we are now. We must've not changed into pajamas because I was still in the blink-182 shirt I put on last night and some wet jeans. Wait. Wet jeans?

Kurwa. Stupid alcohol.

I sigh and mutter angry Polish under my breath before I figure I ought to get moving. I'm slow to get up and don't rush to the bathroom for fear of emptying out whatever was in my stomach. First, though, I check my jean pocket for my phone, which thanks to my magnificent luck is still in there. I silently swear in my head, but fortunately it still works. I don't bother really looking through it or anything yet as the bright screen hurts my head. I get up slowly, careful to not puke, and make my way over to the shower.

I strip out of my clothes and turn on the cold water. I'm not a fan of cold showers, but it definitely makes me feel a bit better than how I felt before. The bathroom smells awful, though, and I have no idea why. Guess I'm going to have to Febreze it or something. I feel a wave of nausea while in the shower, but fortunately it passes. When the shower is complete and I look at my hungover self in the mirror wondering if I should just go back to bed. But then I smell something delicious coming from the kitchen, and while I don't want to put things into my body that I may eventually lose, I know food would be good for me.

As I walk out of the room, I'm thankful we live in England, because the bright light of the sun would really be terrible in my current state. I also notice some of the destruction from last night. I have no idea how my Iron Man figurine ended up taped to the wall next to one of (y/n)'s shoes, but there it was in the hallway. I slowly walk to the kitchen, where I hear sizzling of a pan and see (y/n) scrambling some eggs. He notices me and smirks before he starts... singing?

"What do we do with a drunken soldier? What do we do with a drunken soldier? What do we do with a drunken soldier early in the morning? Weigh hey and up she rises! Weigh hey and up she rises! Weigh hey and up she rises early in the morning!"

I flip him the bird, causing him to laugh. "Are you even hungover?"

"Yep. Very much so."

"Then what are you doing up and acting like... you?"

"Well, I decided to pull a page out of your book and go for a 5k run. Worked like a charm."

"Really?"

"No I threw up in the shower."

"Well. That explains why it smells so crappy in there."

"Yeahhhh sorry about that. There's a glass of water and an aspirin for you on the table. Breakfast should be ready soon."

"Dziękuję." I grab myself a Powerade from the fridge (I find that helps me personally with hangovers) and take a seat at the kitchen table.

"So how shitty has your morning been?"

"Well, I thought I drowned Siri with my urine."

(Y/n) stops what he's doing and looks at me laughing. "What?"

"Apparently I had my phone in my jean pocket and I guess I got drunk enough where that ended up happening."

(Y/n) is laughing at my misfortune, and I sheepishly laugh a bit with him. "Hey it's all good. Nearly happened to me before."