Revealing Information

The lab seemed bustling with activity when you entered. Drones were being tested, gadgets were being assembled, gizmos were being... gizmoed. A lot of stuff was happening. Fortunately, you knew how to navigate the lab, and were able to not get distracted as you made your way to your work station. While it wasn't exactly the neatest work station, it was one of the bigger ones, and even though you didn't have everything you wanted, the lab basically did. It was like being in an unlimited Lego store, where you had all the resources to build whatever you wanted. You just needed the smarts. However, you didn't have much time to get started on something before the head of R&D approached you.

"Hola (y/n)." Elena approaches, having a giddy smile on her face.

"Hey Elena! I take it you've either won the lottery or just saw a new toy for us to work with judging by that smile."

"Unfortunately only the latter is true. Come on. You've got to see this."

Elena takes you to the testing room, where Masaru and Emmanuelle were talking with a very pale, white haired woman. She had to be around 5'2 if you were to guess a height estimate. This must be the new operator that was recruited. Unless, of course, this was someone you haven't met yet and judging by the amount of people there were on base, that was very possible.

The three look up when they hear you two approach. Emmanuelle and the new girl smile and wave while Masaru nods in acknowledgment. "We've been waiting for hours." he jokes.

"I had to make an entrance. Wanted to keep you all on your toes."

"Elena speak to you on the phone?" Emmanuelle asks.

"She did. Brought me up to speed. I assume you're the one who has the Gemini Replicator."

The woman nods and shakes your hand. "Nienke Meijer of the REU."

"(F/n) (L/n) of... St. Louis I guess."

A bit of laughter is shared between the operators before Elena speaks up. "Well, now that everyone is here, will you please show us your device?"

Nienke nods her head and moves to the open area. She tosses out a few drones that start to project an almost lifelike hologram of herself. The hologram then starts to move like a normal person. Leaning. Running. Jumping. It seems to do everything. You were amazed at this tech, which was saying a lot. You'd seen a lot of impressive technology, but this? This was something else.

"Magnifique." Emmanuelle mutters. Masaru nods his head in approval, probably thinking that this was more advanced than he was used to.

Nienke turns it off and the drones return to her. "So that's what I have. It can be used to gain information and moves like how I would, but that's the extent of it."

"Very nice." You nod your head and give a thumbs up. "Looks very cool. What did you use this for?"

"Mainly for exploring a surface which we cannot reach. I came up with the design when I was working with NASA."

"You went to space?" Emmanuelle perked up, clearly interested.

Nienke nods. "I was on board the ISS for a bit of time."

"You two will have time to talk about it later. Right now, I think it's time you get to analyzing this device. I'll check on you guys in a little while. Neinke and I have to report to Harry." Elena motions for Nienke to follow, who drops off her replicator and waves at the three of you before leaving with the head of R&D.

"So. Where do we start?" You ask Masaru, who was leading this analysis.

"Well, let's turn it on again and take note of some of the pros and cons. Then we'll dissemble it to take a look on the inside before we make the decision to make improvements."