9

《Peter》
I stood in front a grocery store. A man inside was robbing the store while holding a gun to the head of the owner. I tried to run to it, to stop the robber before someone gets hurt, but it felt like my feet were glued to the ground. Running out of the shop, the man looked me right into the eyes. They seemed dead, only a white eyeball could be seen.

I heard a loud gunshot, which echoed through the large streets of New York for what seemed like a decade. Suddenly my feet were being pulled off the ground and  I landed in front of a body. I kneeled down next to it, tears streaming from my eyes. "Please, uncle Ben, wake up please!" I cried.

Ben's eyes shot open again and looked at me. His face was pale, his eyes were completely white and there was blood streaming down from his shirt and mouth. "You did this to me Peter! You could have stopped him, but you were too selfish to do so!" I shook my head and cried even harder. "No, I didn't. It wasn't my fault!"

May appeared out of the shadows of a burning building. "You killed him! You killed your own uncle!" Her body was covered with cuts, bruises and blood. "It was your fault! And if that wasn't good enough, you killed me after!" They both stood up and walked to me in a threatening way.

"If you stopped that man who shot me I would be alive!"

"If you didn't get into that fight at school, I wouldn't have ended up in that car crash! I would be alive!"

"Peter?" A soft voice asked. I turned around and saw a beautiful girl standing a few feet away. She had long, blonde hair and deep, blue eyes. "Why didn't you save me? I took care of you!" Her voice sounded high and pleading, as if she was about to die.

"Who are you?" I asked while trying to figure it out by myself. Slowly, her eyes became white as well. Her voice wasn't soft and scared anymore, it began to sound like a demon trying to eat my soul. "You don't remember? You killed me and you don't remember who I am?!"

Something inside me snapped. "Gwen?" I asked, not sure if I was right. "Yes, I'm Gwen. The girl who made sure you didn't freeze to death at night." I shook my head. "Your death wasn't my fault." Is said, more to reassure myself than to convince her. "You were too lazy to go on patrol that night. You could've saved me!"

May, Ben and Gwen all came closer to me in threatening steps. "It's your fault we're dead! You killed us!" Two figures stepped in from behind, who I recognised as my parents. After a few seconds they were all screaming at me in demonish voices.

"You killed me!"

"You let us die!"

"This is all your fault!"

"It should have been you!"

I fell down to my knees and put my hands over my ears to cover them. I closed my tear-filled eyes. "Let it stop, please let it stop..."

"-er!"

"-eter!"

"Peter!"

I opened my eyes with a jolt. My breathing was heavy and my hands were shaking. Quickly I sat up, looking around for any possible danger. I looked right into the worried eyes of Mr. Stark. "Hey Pete. Peter, it's okay, you're safe. You're fine, it wasn't real." He said while rubbing circles on my back.

I only now realised that tears were streaming uncontrollably down my cheeks. The comforting words of Mr. Stark weren't enough to calm me down. My breathing got even heavier, my body began to shake and I couldn't stop crying.

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Mr. Rogers pulling my in a tight hug. He held my head in his hands and rubbed circles on my back. I buried my head into his shoulderand cried until I felt his shirt getting wet. "It's okay Pete. Everything is alright."

After a few minutes I was completely calmed. I looked around the room and saw all of the Avengers look at me in pity. "I-I'm sorry.. I'm so-so sorry..."
"Shh, don't apologise." Miss. Romanoff said, kneeling down in front of me. "Could you tell me what this was about?" I looked down at my trembling hands and shook my head.

"We heard you scream." Dr. Banner said. "You said it wasn't your fault, you pleaded to let it stop." I stood up from the couch. "T-thank you for taking such good care of me, but I don't want to be a bother anymore. Bye." As soon as I walked away, I heard someone ask to come back. But I was afraid, afraid to let someone die because of me again. Everyone I get close to dies.

I wiped away the tears and began running. I jumped into the elevator and let myself fall against the wall. The tears didn't stop falling out of my eyes. "Friday?"
"Yes Mr. Parker?"
"Could you take me to the roof, please?"
"Of course, sir."

The elevator dinged signalling it's arrival. I stepped out and immediately felt the cold air run through my hair. The lights of New York welcomed me into the midnight sky. I walked to the edge and sat down, my feet facing the ground hundreds of feet below me.

After a few minutes I heard another ding from the elevator. "Pete?" The person asked unsure. I turned around.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Stark ased worryingly. I let out a sheepish grin. "Don't worry, I wasn't going to." Mr. Stark let out a relieved sigh. Was he actually worried about me? He sat down next to me. We enjoyed the comfortable silence between us while watching the city that never sleeps.

"Have you ever lost someone?" I asked. Mr. Stark smiled, like he already saw that question coming. "Yeah, I have." I looked down at my feet. "How long did it take to heal?"

"You'll never heal, the pain always stays." I sighed, knowing my life will always be as black as it was right now. "But, you learn how to take that pain and turn it into something good. You learn that things will never be the same as it was, but that doesn't mean it can't be better. You need to take your time before you realise that."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

Yay, a Irondad and Spiderson moment for you!! :))

Shizzle Dizzle!
~your lovable idiot