13

《Peter》
The drive to the cemetery was silent, and not in a comfortable way. I wasn't sure if it was because of what I said last night, or because I was ashamed of it. Maybe both. Or maybe not, there can be so much Tony can be upset about. I looked at him every once in a while, but  every time he looked back I shut down my gaze from him and looked out of the window. At some point the silence seemed to bother Tony as well, so he turned on the radio.

The music calmed us both a bit, letting us relax our shoulders and enjoy the ride towards the place where tears were certainly going to fall. "Do you need something before we go there?" Tony asked. I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out what he was trying to say. "I mean, do you want to buy flowers or something?"

There was something in his voice that didn't suit his look very well. It was something I couldn't quite place, like I haven't heard that in a long time. The emotions in his voice sounded like.. pendency, pity and grief? I shook my head and looked down at my hands, thinking about the way he was talking to me. The last time I heard that was when May and I went to celebrate Ben's birthday.

"Tony?" He tightened his grip on the wheel, like he was expecting a hard question, which was surely about to come. It made be doubt if I should ask it, but then I remembered what he made me promise last night. Only if we visit my parents too. His parents, of course. Even though I found out the answer by myself, I still asked the question.

"Who did you lose in your life?" The question came out quickly. Tony looked at me and tightened his grip even more -if that was even possible-. After a long, deep sigh he began talking. "I've lost my parents. Even though I didn't see them much, it still hurts. I've lost a friend from Afghanistan, Ho Yinsen. He died saving my life, and I will never forget that."

The corners of my mouth curled up a little, showing a tiny, comfortable smile on my face. It was telling him that everything was fine, and that I was glad he told me his secrets so openly. Tony looked at me from the corner of his eye and gave the same smile, almost indentical to mine.

The car came to a stop and its windows revealed all of the gravestones lying on the cemetery. It made me feel anxious, it always did, but now that I was with Tony it was different. Normally I could cry by myself, nobody around to care for what I did or said. Now there was someone looking out for me, pitying every move I'd make. But something inside me said it was good to bring company of someone I trusted, someone who cared about me.

We stepped out of the car and walked along all of the stones. After coming here every day for almost a year, I could remember every path, tree and stone by heart. I had nothing else to do, except keeping the people of Mew York safe and feed my stomach. I walked straight to the stone of May, since I promised to visit her, but I didn't. I couldn't help but feel bad about it, like she could still be hurt by it.

I looked down at the stone. May's name was written in curly black letters in the marble stone, which shined in the morning sun. Letting myself fall on the cold grass, I began talking, completely ignoring Tony who was standing behind me. "Good morning morning May. I'm sorry I didn't visit earlier, I know I promised Ben I would, but things went crazy since then."

I breathed in a few times, enjoying the smell of flowers from the stones next to May's. "I go a lot to this place now, so I know the owner pretty well. He is the one who keeps your stone so shiny. I know you like ot when things are clean, so I'll thank him for you."

There was a moment of silence where I had no idea what to say. Normally the words would fly out of my mouth, making me have a conversation with someone who doesn't exist anymore.

"I-I really miss you, you know? I miss you every day. I miss your scent, your great hugs and -believe it or not- even your burnt meals. In some kind of way, they always tasted good. I just wish... I just wish I can taste it again. Sometimes I wonder, what if I didn't punch that guy back at school? You wouldn't have to come and get me, you would be alive.."

I sniffed and started playing with the sleeves of my jacket. That is something I do when I overthink too much. "So... it's actually my fault.." my voice hot higher by the word, the pain obviously visible in the sound of everything I said. Tears were threatening to fall, making me blink rapidly to get rid of them. "The-the worst part is that I didn't get to say goodbye to you. I held Ben in my arms as he died, and I was the last one he got to see. But.. but you.."

A warm hand placed itself on my shoulder. It was Tony. I turned around and looked him in the eyes. His were filled with tears, just like mind. He gave a comforting nod as a signal for me to continue. I grabbed his hand which still laid on my shoulder and continued talking. "I just wish I could hear your last advice for me, just like with uncle Ben. But that is all too late now."

"You don't have to worry anymore, I'm in safe hands, you can rest now." I stood up and gave the stone a gentle tap. "Bye May, see you tomorrow." Tony squeezed my hand as I gave a last glance to the stone. "That was beautiful Pete." He said gently. I giggled softly. "I made the Tony Stark cry, how many people can say that?" I joked. He chuckled in response. "More than you'd think."

Suddenly my spidersense was going haywire. It hurt in the back of my head, it screamed at me for the danger I couldn't see. I turned around a few times, looking for the danger. "Peter, what's going on?" "Something's wrong." I reasoned, anxiously looking around. "Badly."

Cliffhangerrrrr!!
I'm so mean mwhahahahha
Bye! :D