29

Hey.

Sorry for the long wait again but I have a really really really bad headache and it doesn't seem to go away.

So yeah, I am writing this while I'm almost high on the amount of pills (no drugs, medicinal pills) that I took, so sorry if the chapter is kinda shitty.

Enjoy!

Straight to the point huh?

《Peter》
I was fiddling with my shirt as the people in the room kept asking questions and examined my body for any signs of injuries. Most of the questions were about my physical health or how I escaped, while others were just a few relieved statements. The amount of pressure all of the people in the room were giving me made my hands shake for a bit.

When Natasha looked at my trembling hands she grabbed them to comfort me. She rubbed her thumps over my skin as she looked at me with a small smile. It was barely noticable, but it was there. If you looked closely enough you could see the right corner of her mouth drag up a little bit, just enough to make her appearence less threatening but not too soft either. The light sparkle in her eyes when she looked in mine was something I didn't see before. Her usual death glare had taken place for a warm look in her expression as she whispered some comforting words. 

Steve looked at my hands and noticed the small cuts that covered almost all of my skin. At least half of them were gone already, but my healing factor was mostly focusing on my broken leg. He looked at me and gave a worried glance as he pointed at my hands. "How did you get that?" He asked. All of the Avengers looked at my hands as well now. The sight wasn't bad, not at all actually, but it did give some kind of feeling that made people sick in the stomach. Probably beacuase they looked like papercuts. We all know papercuts are the worst injury mankind has ever experienced.

Tony and Stephen sat down behind me on the back of the couch. When I didn't answer the question, Steve looked up at Tony with a hopeful and questioning look. Tony only held his hands up in response. "Don't look at me, I have nothing to do with it."
"We know, but do you know what happened?" Bucky asked with a deep sigh. Tony looked over at me and raised his eyebrow. "I think Peter has to tell you that himself."

I took a deep breath. This was the first time in three days I had talked to them, and only a few minutes before they found out I was still alive. It was kind of making me nervous. "It's nothing, it doesn't hurt that much." I said, waving my hand in the air to reassure them. "And I got it when I jumped into a roaring river." Clint jumped up from his seat, accidently knocking Pietro over with the force of the movement. He turned around and gave a mocking laugh before turning back to me. "Roaring river? May I know why you jumped into a roaring river?!" He yelled.

"To save a kid from drowning." I said in a tone you should never give to your parents under any circumstances if you don't want to get your ass kicked. I mumbled a quiet apology to him. It seemed like no one cared about the way I spoke to an elder man, they all stared at me with unbelievable smiles and looks. I sighed and rested my elbows on my legs. I looked down at my suddenly very interesting feet and started talking.

"It was a little boy, Flynn. He's only ten years old. I was supposed to keep an eye on him and his brother while we had fun in the lake. I got tired because of my injuries, so I went to the edge to sit down. Not even a second later, I heard a scream and saw Flynn getting dragged into the stream. I couldn't think straight, I just did the first thing that came up in my mind; jumping after him."

"It was probably a wrong way of doing so, since my foot got stuck under a root in the water. While I was pulling my leg out of it I got cuts all over my hands. I dragged Flynn out of the water and threw him back on the land, only to realise he didn't have a heart rate." There were a few horrified gasps throughout the whole room. They all had the same thought: he is only a kid..
"I did CPR for what felt like hours. I don't know how long he was gone, but I do know that I was terrified. But at some point he breathed." I ran a hand through my messy curls, letting out an unbelievable huff of pride and relief.

"I still can't believe that he is alive, that I brought him back to life." A cold thing was pressed against my shoulder. I looked up at it to see it was Bucky's metal arm that squeezed me gently. "I'm proud of you." He said with a little smile.

Tony stood up and clapped his hands toghether. "Now, we are all very happy that you're okay and that you're back, but you're not safe yet." He said, placing his hands on his hips. He kind of looked like a mom, but I decided not to say anything about it. When the whole room fell silent and waited for him to continue, he responded with only one word. "Spider-Man."

Natasha stood up from her spot beside me on the couch and walked towards the corner of the room. I had no idea why she did that, but I just let her be. "Come on guys, I still don't believe he is the bad guy in this story." Pietro stated. I felt relieved that at least one person was sitting in front of me who would defend my alter-ego. Although the pressure was high by the rest of the Avengers that were fully against Spider-Man, it felt kindof nice to know that I wasn't alone in my argument. But that didn't help with finding good lies.

"He kidnapped Peter, is that not bad enough for you?" Wanda asked, sending a terrifying glare towards her brother. He only sunk back in his chair for a bit, too afraid to talk back to his sister. "No, you guys assumed he kidnapped me." I said grumpily as I folded my arms over one anoher. Everyone looked at me with a confused look. "Wait, he didn't kidnap you?" Natasha asked, looking up from her knives. I had no idea where she got those from, they just.. appeared out of nowhere. I shook my head with an annoyed look like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Of course not, that is physically impossible."

Oh Peter, you just can't stop getting yourself in trouble can you?

Hi, a little cliffhanger for you :D

Sorry again for the wait and sorry for the short and shitty chapter. I'm just feeling really sick so I didn't feel like writing a long chapter now.

I know I apologise too much, but you just gotta deal with it.

Before you ask; no, I don't have Covid-19.

Byebye!
~Someone Who Is Actually A Cinnamon Roll Even Though People Don't Think So