Two Firsts (Iceland)

Your POV:

"Hello, Reykjadalur!" You exclaim as you and Emil arrive in Reykjadalur. The famous and soothing hot springs.

"Hello indeed," Emil says, sitting down on a rock and unloading his backpack on the ground.

"This is the perfect first date spot, Emil~." You teased, wrapping your arms around him from behind and squeezing tightly.

He jumped but allowed your action, noticing that you couldn't see how red his face was in this position. "Best I could find, no big deal." He replied, touching his cheeks and ensuring the blood rushed down before turning to face you. "I brought lunch too, whenever we want to eat." 

You nod and search for a place to change. "I'll be right back." 

"Okay." He said, setting aside the lunchbox bag and got changed. 

You came back wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts. You grinned, seeing Emil had the same idea. "We're twining!" 

Emil agreed with a blush on his face. 

>>>>>>

"Ah, this is the life!" You sigh, the warm water hugging your body in a wet blanket of bliss. "I haven't been to many countries, but I think Iceland has the best hot springs." 

"Thank you-. I m-mean, that's a bold statement, but according to most websites, Japan has the best hot springs." Emil stated, gloomy. 

You shrug. "Perhaps. But I prefer the ones here." You sink deeper into the water. 

Emil cheers joyfully in his mind. 

After soaking yourselves until pruney, you two chowed down on lunch and decided to walk it off by taking a hike in the nearby mountains, then head home to wrap up the day. Taking in the scenery and the blue sky above, the green patches of land covered by the constant steam clouds from the springs created an incredible scene during the hike. 

"(Y/n), what do you think of us going to Blue Lagoon one of these days? It's another great hot spring if you're interested."

"Yeah, I think it'll be fun-." You abruptly slip on a ledge, your knee harshly scraping against the sharp rocks. 

Emil turns back and rushes to your side, helping you up. "Er í lagi með þig?! (Are you okay?!)" He questioned worryingly.

 "Y-yeah..." You respond, beginning to limp on one leg. The skin broke, and blood dripped down your knee. 

"Here, let's set you down instead," Emil suggested, slowly setting you down on a patch of grass. 

"Okay..." You extend out your legs and sigh heavily. "So much for a relaxing hike." You laugh nervously, grabbing your backpack and digging through it to find the first aid you packed just in case of such accidents. 

Emil held out his hand. "Let me." 

"It's alright! I can do it myself." You scrambled through the kit, your mind not letting you think straight, and fumbled with your actions. 

You stopped as Emil placed a hand over yours. "(Y/n)... please. Just calm down and let me help."

You pouted and gave in, handing the kit to him, and he immediately got to work. First, by washing away the blood with water and then cleaning the wound. Thankfully it wasn't a deep cut where you need stitches, but it did require treatment as soon as possible, so it wasn't at risk of getting infected. Afterward, Emil applied a thin layer of antibiotic cream and covered it with a gauze sponge before wrapping a gauze roll around your knee to keep everything in place. 

During the span when he started and finished, you observed him—getting a better view of his features. His sliver-white locks, porcelain skin, and violet eyes resembled a pair of amethyst gems. And that everyday look on his face. Not a smile but not a frown either. 

It made you unironically happy. 

"There. Búið. (Done.)" Emil cleans off his hands and looks up to see the expression on your face. He raised a brow. "What?"

"Oh, nothing." You brushed off his comment and dug through your backpack again to find a treat to repay his kindness. You found it and pulled out a package of goodies. More specifically, licorice. You tore off a thick string and handed it to him. "Have this." 

Emil took hold of it. "Þakka þér fyrir, elskan. (Thank you, darling.)"

"Darling?" You questioned excitingly. 

He turned away in embarrassment. "Don't read too much into it." Emil mumbled, putting everything away while munching on the candy. "Can you... you stand up and walk?"

 You look down at your knee and thought about it. Your answer was going to be no because it still hurt, but you didn't want to burden Emil with the problem any more than you already had and gave him a crooked smile. "I think so..." 

He immediately took this as a sign. "I'm going to take that as a no. You're terrible at lying." He squatted down, his back facing you. "It's okay. Hop up on my back, and I'll carry you the rest of the way. I don't mind." 

"Are you sure?" You asked, crawling on top of him, wrapping your arms around his neck, and he adjusted his hands under your knees, being careful with the injured one. 

"Positive." He replied confidently, and with that, he did as promised. 

You smile bashfully, resting your head on his shoulder. "Emil?"

"Yeah?" He turned his head in your direction, his face an inch away from yours.

That's when you took the opportunity and kissed him. 

He stopped in his tracks and took in the sensation of a feeling he had never experienced before. 

And it felt magical on both ends. The taste of the licorice enhanced the feeling.  

You pulled away and grinned. "Thank you, Emil." 

His pale skin gave away his emotions through the red spreading across his face. "Ekkert mál, elskan... (No problem, darling...)"

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕