Two Firsts (Japan)

Your POV:

"Hm... what should we do?" You mumbled as Kiku stared at you concerningly.

"(Y/n)-chan, don't strain yourself, please. We'll think of something."

You and Kiku were at your home, currently pondering what to do for a first date idea since it's been weeks since Kiku had asked you out, and you two hadn't gone out like an official couple. Not even a first kiss. Just the average handholding and occasionally, yet rare hugs.

"Don't worry. I won't. I eat some prunes earlier." You said jokingly. That earned a small chuckle from the Japanese man. It wasn't long before an idea struck you. You facepalmed.

"It's summertime still, right?" You questioned, getting up, reaching over, and scrambling through a notebook on your work desk.

Kiku nodded firmly. "Hai. (Yes.) I doubt the calendars have deceived us. Why?"

You grinned as you found the page you were looking for. "Because I think I just found what we can do!"

>>>>>>

I wonder if Kiku will wear what I got him. I hope so! I bet he'd look so-.

"(Y/n)-chan?" While deep in thought, Kiku arrived and wore the jinbei clothes you had given him a day prior. He looked charming, which was a nice change from his usual wear.

"Kiku, hi!" You grabbed him and rotated him to get a better angle. "You look amazing!" You complimented him, his face turning red with each word.

"T-thank you..." He said, taking a good look at your yukata. "Same goes for you..."

You smile sweetly at him. "Happy to hear it! What should we do first?"

Kiku points to the nearby stalls. "I don't mind beating you at a couple of games."

You chuckle at his bold statement. "Oh, you're so on!" You declare, rolling up your sleeves.

Thus, the summer festival officially began for the two of you.

>>>>>>

The first game was water balloon yoyo.

Kiku: 1                                                                                                                                                                                          You: 0

The second game was goldfish scooping.

Kiku: 2                                                                                                                                                                                  You: 0

The third and final game was senbonbiki which is a game of luck; there's no way you could lose!

Kiku: 3                                                                                                                                                                                      You: 0

"Life is unfair!" You exclaim sadly, sulking against a tree. Kiku watched you while holding onto the many prizes he won from each game.

"We should take a break and get some food..." He says, puts the items in a backpack he brought along, and throws the straps on his shoulders.

You sniffled. "Yeah, good idea, maybe that'll lift my spirits..."

You sat at a bench, fixing your hair as you watched Kiku interact with the food vendors and brought two food trays and a plastic bag full of items in his other hand. He sat next to you and handed you one of the trays. "Here you go, (Y/n)-chan. Rikuesuto no yakisoba. (Yakisoba as requested.)"

"Yay! Thank you~!" You gleefully express, unable to wait to devour the savory noodles.

"You're welcome. I also got drinks. And dessert if you have enough space afterward." He mentioned, taking out two pairs of chopsticks and handing you a pair.

You nodded happily. "I always have room for more! And I see you're prepared as always. That's my Kiku."

Your comment made him blush like a schoolgirl, loving being complimented by you. "Y-yes... thank you..."

You giggle at his endearing reaction. "What did you get?"

"Takoyaki." He paused for a moment. "Would you... like some?"

You nodded eagerly. "Yes, please! And here," You two exchange foods and took the first bite at the same time. No one said anything with words, but the body movements spoke for themselves as you two wiggled in delight.

Then, something dawned on Kiku as you and he switched back dishes.

Kore wa kansetsu kisu to ieru no ka!? (Could this be considered an indirect kiss?!)

Just the thought alone was enough to malfunction the poor man.

"The fireworks will be starting soon! We should try to hurry." You pointed out while looking at the time.

Kiku was pulled back to reality, chewing his food thoroughly but quickly. You finished a little after he did, and you two made your way through the crowd as carefully as possible. In an unexpected turn of events, Kiku took hold of your hand and led you to a secluded spot to watch the fireworks peacefully and with a good view. A grassy hilltop overlooking the city.

"Wow, how did you find this place?" You asked, watching the bright lights of the nightlife.

"I've been coming here for many, many years now. I'm glad I could finally bring someone special here to see this."

You smile and stare at your hand, seeing that he is still holding it. He didn't seem to notice immediately, but you didn't mind. Loving the moments when he breaks his personal space bubble. You see a light shoot up into the sky.

The first firework went off, signaling the beginning of the show.

You gawk at the spectacle; Kiku's attention is elsewhere. And it wasn't toward the colorful fireworks. He gazed lovingly in your direction for as long as he could.

The reflection of the fireworks illuminates your figure. A wide-open smile plastered on your face. "They're beautiful, Kiku-!" You turn to face him and witness him already facing you, and he starts leaning in closer to your face.

A kiss?! 

Him?! 

Kiku Honda?! 

So bold, so brave!

You panic for a brief moment but let nature take its course as you tingle at the feeling of having his lips kiss yours. Though it was short and fast, the kiss was sweet and filled with passion. No words were exchanged, and you two hugged and watched the firework display, sitting down on the grass. You rest your head on his shoulder, taking in the magical moment.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕