A Special Question (Iceland)

His POV:

My life is decent. It's like any other person living in this world. Wake up, go to work, have fun every once in a while and head back home. Nothing special. Until you showed up. (Y/n)...

I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

Though I know her personally, phone calls are so nerve-racking!

Your POV:

"Oh, wow..." You said as you watched the wild puffins hunt for their food in the water. You were currently doing one of your new regular hobbies. Such as bird watching. As you wrote down notes, your phone rang. Scaring off the birds. You sighed in disappointment, reaching inside your pocket for the device. Your mood quickly changed upon seeing the caller ID. You cleared your throat.

"Hello?" You answered calmly though your heart said the complete opposite.

"(Y/n), hi. How have you been?"

"Good! But a little lonely without you. What have you been up to?"

"Yeah... that's the case, huh? Forgive me. A lot is happening at the moment..."

"No need to be sorry! I understand fully! Let's meet up again when you're doing better since you refuse to let me help you in any way or form..." You pouted.

"There's no need but thank you either way. And if so, would today work? To meet up?"

You froze. "Y-yes?"

>>>>>>

Reynisfjara was the location of meeting up with Emil. 

I have never been to a black sand beach before! This is going to be exciting! And I get to see Emil again after some time

You carefully sat on top of a boulder and gazed out into the ocean. The sun was still up for a couple more hours. You waited for the boy to arrive, and once he did, you were not prepared for what he planned.

"(Y/n), hey!" Emil called to you, carrying a mountain of stuff in his arms. You jumped off and came to his rescue as things threatened to fall on the ground. You caught a water bottle mid-air.

"That was a close one! Why so much luggage? What are we doing anyway?" You chuckled at your words.

She's so cool!

A blush appeared on Emil's face. "Lautarferð! (Picnic!)" That was all he managed to spit out due to his embarrassment, realizing how ridiculous this all seemed. But you didn't mind one bit. You found him and his actions cute.

>>>>>>

Emil began the conversation once you and he set out the picnic blanket across the black sand near the shoreline.

"Again, I'm sorry about my behavior. I still act like a little kid." Emil said, avoiding your stare.

You frowned since all this time knowing each other; the boy still refused to look you in the eyes while having a conversation. You grabbed his face and made him face you. "Stop apologizing so much! I told you already that it's okay! We all have those days, you know? Nothing's wrong with that."

Emil's violet eyes shimmered brightly into yours. His face was burning up more than before. Heart pounding so loudly you could hear it wanting to burst out of his chest—the words he wanted her to know desperately.

"Ég er ástfanginn af þér... (I'm in love with you...)" He said without thinking twice.

"What?" You questioned, letting go of him.

Emil freaked out over what he had confessed—getting up in a hurry and panicking. "Ah! What did I just say?! I mean, I do, I really do, but I had a plan and everything! You don't feel the same way! I mean, who would, right?! I'm sorry for dragging you out here-!" The boy continued, not knowing what to do next until you stopped him.

"Emil." You spoke. He slapped his hand over his mouth. You got up, holding into his jacket sleeve. Your hand was trembling. Emil noticed this and put his hand over yours.

"(Y/n)?"

"I thought... I thought I was delusional for liking you... but I'm glad you told me. It's exactly what I needed." Small tears formed in your eyes.

"Er þér alvara? (Are you serious?)" He asked in disbelief. "If so, will you please go out with me?"

Don't cry, don't cry, don't you dare cry, Emil!

"Yes, I will. Because I love you too..." You whispered into his ear, kissing him on the cheek afterward. That was the final thing for the boy to cry silently about. You two hugged, taking in the warmth of each other.

"That was touching, kids." Mr. Puffin commented nearby the new couple.

"How long have you been standing there?!" Emil yelled at the bird as he held you like a toy teddy bear.

Mr. Puffin looked down at his nonexistent watch on his wing. "The entire time. You two couldn't see me because I blend in so well with the sand. And woah-!" The bird was chased away by the boy who threw a piece of bread at him.

"You're ruining the moment here..." Emil mumbled on your shoulder. He did not want to let go at all.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕