[October] 7

"Alright. At first I would like to thank you all for coming today. I know it's quite early but we need to decide who's going to be the new guidance counselor."

The headteacher looked into the tired faces of his teachers as if he expected someone to jump up and immediately take over the charge. But everyone just looked down or at each other to avoid the questioning gaze.

"Oh come on guys! I know it's not the most popular task but we need someone."

Right in that moment the door opened and Hoseok carefully looked into the silent room. When he saw his colleagues sitting there he completely stepped into the room and bowed infront of the headteacher.

"I deeply apologise for being late."

The older waved him off and Hoseok flitted over to his seat. He sat down next to his colleague and leaned over to him.

"What did I miss", he asked whispering. But before the young man could answer the headteacher began to speak again. This time directed to Hoseok himself.

"Mr. Lee! What about you?"

Hoseok stood up again and looked at his boss.

"Yes?"

His boss smiled and then applauded. "Thank you! Now please get back to work!"

With this he left the room and left a confused Hoseok behind. Jinyoung looked at him pitiful. Hoseok returned the look. Still confused as hell.

"What was that??" The younger man stood up and placed his hand on Hoseok's shoulder, slowly patting it.

"You just got announced as the new guidance counselor. Congrats."
Hoseok's eyes widened in surprise. "WHAT? But... I-I didn't even fielded for it!"

Jinyung just shrugged his shoulders. "He doesn't care. You came in late and now he found someone to do it. But you will do great. I haven't heard any complaints about you so far so I guess the kids like you."

With that, Jinyoung patted his shoulder once more and then gathered his things and left the room to start his first class. Hoseok falls down into his seat and sighed.

Yeah. Maybe the kids liked him. Maybe one boy even more.

He walked to his first class to start the day. On his way up he walked past the substitution plan and looked at it. Another sight left his mouth. He was planned to substitute in Hyungwon's class.

Great. Just great...

-

Other than usual the day went by quite fast and especially quite calm. No Hyungwon who waited for Hoseok after every lesson. No odd feeling of someone watching him. Others would've been happy about it but for Hoseok it was almost normal by now so it wondered him, where the boy was. Was he sick?

He started to worry about Hyungwon since he hadn't seen him all day and so his stomach was completely messed up when he walked the hallway down to Hyungwon's classroom.

He opened the door and the first thing he saw, was Hyungwon. He sat on his seat in the first row and looked down in his books. Seeming not at all interested in the conversation his friends had around him. Hoseok furrowed his brows and let down his bag on the desk rather loud to gain the attention of his students. And he got it. Except for one boy.

"Hello, everybody. Seems like I'm your substitute teacher for today."

He smiled at the kids and they smiled back. They really liked him and were happy that the original teacher was sick today.