6 | REALISATION

Leah was confused, she had no idea what her boggart meant. She was scared, people around her looked at her differently. They knew what it meant, they knew what it meant. No one had the courage to speak up.

Leah went to the astronomy tower, it was quiet there. People didn't give her odd looks, or whisper behind their hands. She knew she had friends, she knew she had people to talk to. She knew people would sympathise with her and would let her cry on their shoulder. But whilst knowing all of this, she felt so alone. She felt like she had no one. She didn't want to bother anyone, even though she wouldn't. Everyone loved Leah, everyone thought she was gorgeous, everyone thought she was kind, everyone thought she was amazing. But she was totally oblivious.

Leah had tears streaming down her cheeks, she didn't know why, but she was sad, really sad.

"Leah?" A soft voice echoed.
"W-who's there?" She questioned wiping the tears from her cheeks.
"Draco." This time his voice was cold.
"Hey."
"We need to talk." He sounded cold.
"O-okay," she patted a space next to her.
"Your boggart."
"What about it?" Leah's eyes were full of fear.
"Do you know what it was?"
"N-No. Do you?"
"Leah how can you not know what it is?"
"I-I just don't." Her voice trembling.
"Leah stop being so oblivious! It's ridiculous."
"What is?"
"Everyone in the school knows what it was!"
"Then tell me!"
"It was the Dark Lord!" Leah's heart stopped.
"Shut up."
"No because it was."
"You could've waited, you could have waited until I got the owl back from my mum. You could have waited until I wasn't sat on the astronomy tower crying! You could have waited."
"I couldn't, Leah we can't be friends anymore, you're in Gryffindor for Christ's sake!"
"Leave. Draco go. You knew this wouldn't work out didn't you? I bet you never wanted me back from France. I bet you weren't even sad when you made me cry in the library. I bet you only apologised because you didn't want Potter to think less of you."
"Le..."
"No." She stormed off, holding back her sobs. Ten years. Ten years they'd been best friends. Then it hit her, she loved Draco. She would die for Draco, she was in love with Draco. She had just lost the person she loved. Leah really was alone.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Draco was on the astronomy tower, he didn't know what to think. He had done what he thought was best, he didn't think Leah would get so upset. He just wanted her to be aware, he was so caught up in the moment his approach came off as hostile.

Draco knew the business his family had with the Dark Lord, Leah could not get involved. All Draco wanted was to keep her safe, so maybe if he told her she would be aware.

When she started crying his heart stopped. She had been crying when he came up to her, she was already upset. Draco had undoubtedly made whatever she was going through worse.

He just wanted to hold her and tell her everything was going to be okay. To be able to run his fingers through her hair or hold her hand when she was scared. He had not stopped thinking about her the past two years, she was everything to him.

He would die for Leah, he was in love with Leah. Draco had just lost her again. This time he thought she might not ever come back.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Leah crept back to her dorm, it was late. Silence filled the castle, it was nice. To not have students running or arguing, to not have the paintings talking about useless things. Leah adored Hogwarts but sometimes it was too much. She needed her quiet sometimes, it made her feel at peace.

As she crept into the common room she noticed someone sat by the fire. His black hair glistened in the fire light.
"H-Harry."
"Leah? Come sit."
"What are you doing up?" The girl questioned her eyes filled with sadness.
"Couldn't sleep, you?"
"Hungry," she lied.
"Are you okay? You look sad."
"I-I'm fine."
"Okay, but if you ever want to talk, I'm always here."
"Thanks Harry," she gave him a kiss on the cheek and went up to bed. His eyes following her, examining her petit frame and the way she floated as she walked. To him, she was perfect.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

It was the next morning, Hermione didn't ask Leah where she was, she figured. The owls came in and Darcy had two.
"Thanks Mr.Darcy." She fed him some bread and he flew away. Leah opened the smaller envelope first.
'may the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary.' Anonymous, again. Leah giggled to herself, at least someone cared. Harry watched her smile grow bigger at the poetry he had sent her.

She opened the other letter, anticipating the worst.
'My Dearest Leah,
I'm so happy you're in Gryffindor! My years in Hogwarts were some of the best in my life, you are going to love it!

I knew you would find out sooner or later. Let me tell you the full story. Before you were born, the dark lord was at his prime. He wanted as many pureblood families as he could get, as you know, we are quite close with the Malfoy family. Now they were devoted followers, as was Narcissa's sister, Bellatrix. Then one day, the dark lord came to your father and I, insisting we join him. We refused because I was pregnant with you and I didn't want you being born into that. So he left us alone, or so we thought.

When I gave birth to you I was told you had been given gifts. How they knew I never found out. You are an animagus, the animal I do not know. You are also a dragon lord, much like merlin.
I know these are not historically women and how you came to be one I am unaware, this means the powers you posses are similar to merlin himself. You must not tell anybody, Mcgonagall knows about you being animagi and will help train you. Just be aware that he wants you on his side.
I love you always, stay safe.
Mum x'
Leah was beyond shocked. She didn't know what to think. What was she?

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁
AUTHORS NOTE

I may or may not have cried writing the beginning scenes. Thank you guys so much for 220 reads! It means so much to me.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
What was your favourite part about this chapter?
Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thanks xo