16 | NEW FRIENDS

Leah felt alone, isolated. Everyone in her house was giving her dirty looks and acting like she worshipped you-know-who.

It was totally unfair, if Lavender rejected someone, nobody would care.

Harry had constant lime-light and now it was blinding Leah. She felt alone, like an entire team was building up against her.

Was she just not good enough?

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

It was time for dinner, Leah couldn't miss dinner, she was sad but she wasn't that sad.

As she entered the great hall, it hit her that she would have no one to sit with.
"You can sit with me if ya' like!" A very loud Irish voice called out. "I'm Seamus, I introduced myself to yer' and the first day. We never really got a chance to speak." Leah remembered, the cheeky boy from her first day.
"Oh yeah, I remember you! You don't mind if I sit?"
"No, not at all." Seamus tapped on the seat next to him.

Leah hesitantly sat down, as soon as she did: she found herself immersed in conversation. Seamus was a lovely boy.

Suddenly she didn't feel so alone.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

"Harry, don't stare!" Hermione threw a bread roll at Harry, he was obviously staring at Leah and Seamus.
"She just goes from boy to boy doesn't she?" Harry was snarky, this was unlike him.
"Jealousy does not look good on you mate." Ron tapped him on the back, giving the best support he could.
"Don't talk of her like that! Leah is a lovely girl, just because she doesn't love you, that does not mean she has seven boyfriends. Harry I hate to break it to you, but not every girl is in love with you!" Hermione was angry, they had no right to talk about Leah that way. Harry could be so arrogant at times, but he was Hermione's best friend, she loved him really.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Leah got up from dinner, giggling. Seamus walked her back to the common rooms.
"I had a lovely dinner with you, m'lady." Seamus was joking at this point, he was definitely not this chivalrous.

Leah was tired, so instead of sneaking out, she went straight to bed. As she walked into the common rooms, Hermione was sat on her bed, reading.
"Listen 'Mione. I know we're not speaking, but just know that you are my best friend, no matter what Harry says about me."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Leah woke up with a crooked smile on her face, throughout all of this mess, at least she's made a new friend.

Leah woke up to the feeling of her shoulder being tugged, but Hermione wasn't in the room. Had she imagined it? No, it felt to real.

She fixed herself up and walked into the common room.

Much to her surprise, Seamus was in the common room waiting for her. How sweet.
"Mornin'," Seamus said with his usual cheeky grin.
"Good morning Seamus," you returned the grin, beaming. At least someone cared.
"May I?" He asked looping is arm through yours.
"You may."

You two walked to the Great Hall together, you felt like you had known Seamus all your life. He told you that he fancied Sally-Anne Perks, a fellow Gryffindor. He didn't know about her current romantic situation.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Their first class was Muggle Studies with Hufflepuff. It wasn't the best class, but at least it wasn't divination.

Professor Burbage was lovely, she gave the best homework.

The last homework they got was to preform or give in a muggle art form. Ernie Macmillan sung a song, and it was the worst thing Leah had ever heard; but it made her fall on the floor with laughter.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

"So, our next homework will be a project. I will put you into pairs and you will research all things Muggle!" She was so enthusiastic, Leah enjoyed it. She really loved what she did.

"Ms.Anderson you will be paired with Mr.Potter."
"Professor, with all due respect, I can't work with Leah." Dang, that hurt.
"Why not Mr.Potter?"
"Yeah, Potter, why not?" You couldn't hear the hurt through Leah's voice, she tried her best to sound snarky.

Harry's face went scarlet.
"We don't get on." He raised his eyebrows at her, somewhat challenging her.
"No I think the problem was that you got on with her a bit too much mate." A random Hufflepuff shouted out. Leah nodded at Harry, 'your turn.' She mouthed.
"Listen Professor, Leah just doesn't like me."
"I'll have none of it! You two will work together, and that'll be the end of it." She dismissed the issue, and continued talking to the class.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi guys! I told you I was sticking to my old upload schedule hehe.

I hope you liked this chapter, I know it's short and I'm sorry. Thank you for 125 votes!

Remember to stay safe ! I know the current issues can be scary but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks xo