21 | THE ROYALS DRESSED IN VELVET

'dress for yourself and no one else

'dress for yourself and no one else.'

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Today there was a ball, a ball that Leah did not want to go to. Most purebloods would be there, and most purebloods were not nice. Most purebloods thought they ruled the world, that they were in charge. Half of them don't know what a Hippogriff is.

Leah was being made to go, she was Draco's 'date.' As Narcissa said it, even though Pansy would try to tackle her if she found out. But being Draco's date wasn't that bad, after all they were best friends. That was all, just friends.

She could not lose him, so she would bury her feelings. He would marry a respectable girl, from a respected family. He couldn't marry her, she couldn't tell him why. Leah knew that when the time came, she would give herself to him, in exchange for Draco's life. She knew the plan, she would change the plan. She would save him from the pain of the Dark Lord.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Draco did not want to go to the ball either, he despised them. Draco wasn't the most social person when it came to gatherings.

Draco was in love with her, he wanted to live happily ever after with her; but that would not be the case. He knew something would come, something would happen. He knew they would be on opposite sides of the war.

He hated himself for not kissing her yesterday. It might have been his only chance.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

"Leah we need to get ready!" Her mum shouted, extremely enthusiastic as usual.
"Ugh fine!" Leah got off her bed, groaning. She had been dreading this all day.
"Why are you not excited?"
"Because I do not like balls!"
"Why?" Her mum looked genuinely concerned, like there was something wrong with her.
"Just do my hair," Leah waved her hand, not wanting to argue right now.

Leah's mum waved her wand and her hair was in loose curls. She did light makeup, considering Leah didn't want to make a fuss.

Her dress was a floor length, green, strapless dress. It tied at the back. She was told it had to be green because that was the colour of Draco's tie. Why couldn't Draco wear a nice colour tie? Maybe purple, or silver, even red! But green, come on Draco.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Draco stood at the bottom of his staircase, glancing up every other second. There she was. Leah. Her dress matched his tie perfectly. Everything about her was beautiful. She cascaded down the stairs like she could do it in her sleep.
"Draco," her soft voice was a blessing to his ears.
"You look, just woah." She giggled, that giggle, that damn giggle. "I love it when you do that." He gently snaked his arm around her waist. The two looked perfect together as they walked across the dance floor.
"Dear, you look beautiful." Narcissa warmly hugged her, "I bet Draco loves the dress." She slyly winked at her son. Leah hid her face in her hands and walked away, Draco close behind.

"Anderson." Someone spat.
"Parkinson." Pansy had a red, knee length, lace dress. She had never looked worse. The top half was practically see through, and the bottom half stuck out so much it might as well not have been there.
"You look, plain."
"You look, naked." Draco snickered, Pansy was furious.
"Thank you for bringing Draco to me, you may go." She waved her fat hand at Leah, signalling for her to go.
"Okay, I am no slave." She stood her ground, not afraid of a naked pug.
"You look like one." A crowd was beginning to form now, mostly Hogwarts students. Most of which were in Slytherin.
"Don't start a scene Parkinson." Draco and Blaise stood behind her.
"Awww you scared?" Astoria Greengrass and Millicent Bullstrode stood behind Pansy, laughing at her terrible joke.
"I do not like you, but I love Narcisssa. I will not ruin her ball, you want to start a scene, meet me in the garden." Leah would not let Narcissa's hard work go to waste. She loved these balls.
"Fine." Parkinson and her gang stormed out.
"Leah you can't do this," Blaise put his hand on her shoulder, comfortingly.
"I can take her." Leah began taking out her earrings. "Okay, I don't want a crowd, don't let anyone outside. I will not ruin this night for anyone. Two, Draco you're my second." She put her earrings in Blaise's hand, beginning to take off her heels.
"Why do you need a second?"
"Parkinson has problems, wouldn't shock me if she used an unforgivable." Her heels were now hidden under the table.
"Let's go boys."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi guys!! The picture at the top is Leah's dress btw.
Thank you all so so much for 240 votes!
Please stay safe in these weird times!
Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks xo