9 | HIDDEN

Buckbeak had been executed. Leah felt emptied. She thought, no she hoped, Buckbeak would miraculously escape. She didn't know how, she just hoped.

As the quartet strolled back to the castle, the commotion could be sensed from a mile away. Hermione and Leah exchanged looks, and ran to the castle.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

As they arrived, panting, the stairs going up to the Gryffindor common room were full. Dumbledore was storming up the stairs.
"Move, out of the way. Move!" The headmaster exclaimed, pushing students out of the way. He stopped at the top, his old features falling. Even Filch looked scared, that's a first, thought Leah.

Percy was stood defensively in front of the Fat Ladies portrait. Ron made his way to the top, he gulped ridiculously loudly. Dumbledore began to examine the violent scratches on the portrait, who did those?

He pulled up the scratches to reveal the fact that there was no Fat Lady. Where is she?
"Filch, round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle, find the fat lady."
"There's no need for ghost sir," Filch's eerie voice replied. "The fat lady is there." Filch lifted his shrivelled finger to point at a painting across the stairs. Gasps echoed the area. Everyone ran, eager to find out what happened. People stormed past Percy, anger taking over his face.
"I'm head boy! I'm head boy." Percy exclaimed, shut up, thought Leah. Yes he was Ron's brother but he was a real pan in the backside.

Dumbledore stood in front of the Fat Lady, his mouth agape.
"Who did this to you?" He somewhat whispered. The Fat Lady then emerged, crying, from behind a hippo.
"Eyes like the devil, he's got," she spat, "and a soul as dark as his name. The one they all talk about, he's here! Somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black!" With that she screamed and went back to hiding behind the hippo.
"Secure the castle Mr.Filch." The anxious headmaster stated. "Everybody to the great hall!"

Harry seemed to be stuck in place, Leah knew it was scary, but did this boy have a death wish?

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

As everyone filed into the Great Hall, Leah snuck away to the astronomy tower. She was stressed and needed to breathe. Leah sat down and rubbed her temples.

Foots steps came towards her, age whipped out her wand at instinct.
"Who's there?"
"Black." Leah felt the hairs stand up on the back of her neck. What did he want with her? "Expelliarmus." The prisoner shouted. Fear trapped Leah, she was unable to move or speak.
"I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a somewhat calming voice.
"Why should I believe you?" Leah questioned, from the outside her face was blank, you could sense no emotions. As a child, she needed this growing up in a pure blood society, this was her go to face.
"I was at school with your mother. We were close, close as can be. I am your godfather."
"No, no. Mum would tell me. Besides aren't you Harry's godfather?"
"Yes, yes I am."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

The two spoke, Leah knew he wasn't bad, she could sense it. A bad man would have killed Leah, Sirius told her stories about her parents. About how they fell in love despite their differences.

Leah felt warm, she had never spoken to her mothers friends. It made her happy to know she had a similar life to hers.

There was one condition to their conversation, Leah had to keep her mouth shut. No Harry, no Hermione, no Ron. He was technically a criminal,a false accused one, but still. Sirius was a good guy, but no one would believe her. Not even Harry.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Draco was lay in the great hall, eyes wide awake. Leah hadn't gone to bed, she hadn't even entered the hall.

He was worried, Sirius Black was loose in the castle and she was nowhere to be seen. Filch was at the door so he couldn't get out. He wanted to, but they would alert his father. He couldn't find out.

Things were different now, his house was darker. His mother was scared, even his father was different. Lucius knew something was coming, Draco didn't know what it was, but it was dark.

Narcissa was worried to say the least, she wouldn't let Draco leave the house on his own. She kept mumbling about family and framework. Something about her cousin and a rat. Draco didn't know. He cared, but he didn't want to find out. Things were bad, or they were getting bad. He just didn't know which.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Harry had also noticed Leah hadn't come into the hall, but he couldn't focus.

The person in the castle was looking for him. Sirius Black wanted to hurt him. Kill him even. Harry was conflicted. He wanted to find Sirius, but he also wanted to find Leah.

His trail of thought was broken when he saw a flash and a bleach blonde running. Harry got up, chasing a figure he recognised.

"Malfoy!" Harry screeched. Draco turned around, his face full of regret.
"Go back to bed Potter, unless you want Black to kill you."
"Why would a daddy's boy like you be out of bed?"
"Shut your fat mouth Potter!" He somewhat threatened.
"Don't tell on me and I won't tell on you," Draco nodded and ran off.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Draco found himself at the entrance of the astronomy tower, this was their spot. He heard voices. It was Leah and Black.
"Get away from her!" Draco screamed in the most threatening voice he could get out.
"Hey Draco, i-it's okay." Leah comforted him.
"Leah he's a murderer! He'll kill you!"
"No, he won't."
"How do you know?"
"Draco, I just do. Tout ira bien." French, she spoke to him in french. As children, they learnt french together: he understood.

Draco nodded and let Leah talk.
"Go on Leah, explain." Sirius said to her. Words began to flow out of Leah's mouth; Sirius saw how Draco looked at her.

He wouldn't tell a soul.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

AUTHORS NOTE

Thank you guys for waiting, sorry i couldn't upload on Thursday!
Thank you for 500 reads, it makes me beyond happy. This chapter is a bit of a filler but there's a really interesting chapter coming later on tonight.
Btw, the quote in french meant, 'everything will be fine.'
Did you guys enjoy this chapter?
Suggestions for future chapters?
Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thanks xo