18 | A PAIR OF HANDS

Mcgonagall was taking names for who was staying at Christmas, Leah was excited for Christmas but she knew how awkward it would be to tell people her plans.

Leah was to spend Christmas at the Malfoy Manor, with Draco. They did this every year, Leah tried not to spend Christmas in France.

Considering the circumstances between her and Harry, breaking the news would be awkward.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Their first class was charms, Leah's favourite. Hermione didn't really like charms, even though she was top of the class.

Leah raced into the class, pushing past Lavender. There was no way Lavender was sitting in her seat again.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Towards the end of class, Leah felt something hit the back of her head, paper.
'Meet me after class -R.' Leah glanced around at Ron and he nodded.
"Alright, class dismissed." Professor Filtwick raised his hands in the air and signalled for the class to leave.

Leah waited outside the door for Ron.
"We need to talk."
"Go on then, talk," Leah said, slightly annoyed it had taken him this long to talk to her.
"What happened with your eyes?"
"Long story, can't talk about it, don't tell. Next."
"Come spend Christmas at mine?" Ron asked, a sheepish smile on his face.
"I have plans, I'm sorry though." Leah rubbed his shoulder, smiling back.
"It's alright. Friends?" Ron asked, putting his hand out.
"Friends," Leah confirmed and shook his hand with a small smile.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

It was lunch, Leah decided she was going to try and talk with Harry.

As she sat down with Hermione, Harry got up to leave, Ron stopped him. They ate in silence for a while, nobody knowing what to say.
"So what are everyone's Christmas plans?" Hermione asked, innocently. Leah punched her leg, she groaned and then went bright red. This was not going to end well.
"Just staying with the family," Ron said in a glum tone, wanting to stop the conversation.
"Going to Ron's," Hermione tried you ease the tension. "What about you Harry?"
"Same as you 'Mione. Leah what are you doing?" Harry questioned, Leah couldn't tell if he was being snarky or sincere.
"I haven't got any plans," she mumbled playing with her food.
"But Leah you told me you had pl-" Leah immediately kicked Ron's leg. "Ow what was that for?" Ron questioned, sensing Leah's glare, he mumbled an 'oh' and continued to eat.
"So you do have plans?" Harry repeated, yep snarky.
"Just some Christmas traditions the usual." Leah said, casting her gaze on her food.

Professor Mcgonagall walked over, "Ms.Anderson, Mr.Malfoy informs me that you will be spending Christmas at his. Is this correct?"
Leah swallowed, feeling Harry's burning gaze on her neck. "Y-Yes Professor, that is correct."

Harry laughed to himself and left, Leah felt guilty.
"Should I go after him?"
"YES!" Hermione and Ron shouted in-sync. Leah put her hands up in the air defensively and went to get Harry.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

"Harry come back !" Leah screamed, wiping the sweat off her forehead. He had made her chase him all around school.
"Why should I?" Harry came to a quick stop, huffing and puffing.
"We need to talk." Leah mustered out, between breaths.
"Talk."
"One second," Leah puffed, holding a finger in the air. She really needed to exercise more. Harry stood there impatiently, tapping his foot.
"I want to be friends again, go back to how we were." Leah finally said, irritated at Harry's impatience.
"We can't."
"Why?"
"Because of everything! Everything that happened, between us. You not feeling the same way."
"Harry," Leah sat down next to him. "I would never talk about him in front of you, I would never want you to be sad. I just want the best for you." Leah rubbed his back comfortingly, sending him a warm smile.
"What if being with you is what's best," Harry whispered shyly, breaking eye contact.
"Harry, if that was what's best for you. I would say. Someone out there will love you, and cherish you until the end of time. That person is just not me." Leah got up to leave for their next class, "you coming or not?" Leah held out her hand for Harry. He grabbed it and they walked to class together. Just as it was before.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi guys ! Thank you all for 150 votes and 70 comments. It means the absolute world to me that you all like my book.

The first chapter of my new book will be out tomorrow!

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks xo