Chenle X Jisung

— KARAOKE —

Karaoke is something Chenle hasn't always had much of a liking for. For one, he's too shy to actually get involved. He prefers other people to do it instead of him. At least they have more confidence than he does.

For example, Park Jisung. In Chenle's opinion, he has the most amazing voice in the whole world. It's deep but soft at the same time and Chenle feels drawn to it. It's the kind of voice that could easily help you drift off to sleep. He loves it, which is why he didn't shy away from Jisung's karaoke offer.

The whole group are going to; Renjun, Jaemin, Jeno, Donghyuck and Mark. Which means Chenle will easily be able to avoid getting up and singing in front of them. That's his worst nightmare summed up in a sentence.

Chenle sits squished into the corner of the room, trying his best to go unnoticed when it comes to picking the next person to give it a go. Unfortunately, it just makes him stand out even more than intended. Jisung tries multiple times to get him up on his feet but all his attempts fail. Nevertheless, he refuses to be defeated that easily.

When it eventually gets to his turn, he's got a cunning plan up his sleeve; and one Chenle can't refuse. He knows all too well that Chenle finds it hard to say no, especially when it comes to him.

He gets up to the machine and picks a song that's pretty easy to sing along to, and one that's definitely in Chenle's list of favourites. Clearing his throat, Jisung starts to sing along.

Unbeknownst to him, the older watches him intently as he sings. To him, his voice is the most beautiful sound he's ever heard in his entire life. He simply can't get enough of it. It captivates him and can even pull him into a trance. Anyone can clearly see that Chenle is whipped.

Donghyuck smirks knowingly upon seeing the smitten look on Chenle's face, nudging Mark in the ribs to bring it to his attention too. They exchange a glance, but decide against embarrassing Chenle.

Chenle is so transfixed that he's almost oblivious to Jisung's sudden invitation to join him. It takes him a few moments to realise, causing his face to burn bright red. He hides his face behind his hands, shaking his head frantically.

"Go on, Chenle." Jaemin nudges him, encouraging him to step up.

"I don't want to." he mumbles quietly, only loud enough for Jaemin to hear.

He is so close to managing to get out of it and he feels somewhat relieved. However, if it isn't for the pout on Jisung's face, Chenle would have never of given in.

"Fine." he sighs heavily, getting up from his place and taking the mic from him. "Just this once, though."

Jisung smiles triumphantly, allowing Chenle to take over the next part of the song. Chenle takes a deep breath, trying his best to ignore the many eyes staring at him. Then, he opens his mouth.

To say everyone is surprised by Chenle's singing voice is an understatement. His voice is beautiful and fits perfectly with the song. Chenle even starts to enjoy himself, the world around him melting away into the background with his sole focus being the song.

Though, that does mean he's oblivious to the way Jisung is staring at him. He's taken aback by his voice, in awe of how beautiful it is.

As Chenle sings he watches him intently, smiling softly at the pure happiness all over the other's face. In that moment, something sparks inside of the younger that he's never felt before for his best friend.

Chenle eventually stops singing and smiles shyly, trying to give the microphone back to Jisung. He's still in a trance and it takes him a few moments to snap out of it.

"O-Oh...thank you..." his face burns red.

Chenle sits back down, Jisung suddenly adding as he goes, "Your voice is amazing!"

"It's not that good." he mumbles, smiling a little at the compliment.

Jisung continues to sing, his eyes rarely leaving Chenle. Although, Chenle seems completely oblivious.

"This is going to be interesting." Donghyuck whispers to the others in their group.

Everyone hums or nods in agreement.

— 718 —

I've not got an author's note to put here so I hope yall enjoyed this and I'll be back soon with another :)