Jeno X Renjun

— HAPPIER —

Jeno sighs heavily, watching Renjun leave with his boyfriend. Jaemin smiles sympathetically, but there isn't much else he can do.

The pair used to date, now they barely look each other's ways. That's what Renjun thinks, anyway. Unknown to him, Jeno still loves him and is still hurting.

Jeno is jealous of Renjun's strength to move on. He wishes he had that kind of will power; but he just doesn't. It's bad enough that they share the same university lecture.

"Do you wanna grab something to eat?" Jaemin asks his best friend, trying his best to cheer him up.

"Yeah, sure." he stretches himself before standing up. He lends a hand to Jaemin to pull him up onto his feet, who gives thanks afterwards.

There's no longer the same spark in Jeno's eyes. Jaemin's noticed that. I mean, it's hard not to if you know him well enough.

"Where do you want to go?" Jaemin collects his belongings and stuffs them into his bag.

"There's some fast food place down the road." Jeno shrugs, following him out of the room and towards the exit.

Jaemin sighs to himself, before flashing a smile and saying, "We'll go there then."

The journey is mostly silent, with Jaemin a little brain dead from the lecture and Jeno feeling pretty empty.

When they enter the restaurant, Jeno's eyes unexpectedly fall on Renjun. They beat them to it.

Renjun doesn't have his back turned, so the pair eventually lock eyes with each other. All of the emotions from the past few weeks start to rise to the surface as Jeno tugs Jaemin's sleeve. He never looks away, frozen in place, when he says, "L-Let's go..."

Jaemin gives him a puzzled look at first, but then he realises where Jeno is looking. Immediately understanding, he nods his head and says, "C'mon, I know where we can go to get food."

Renjun gives Jaemin a sad smile on the way out, but he is blanked.

Once outside, Jaemin apologises, "I'm sorry, if I knew they would be in there I would've taken you somewhere else."

"It's okay." he smiles reassuringly, though never reaching his eyes. "...he looks happy."

"He does..." Jaemin says cautiously.

"At least I know he's doing well." he looks down at the ground. "Obviously,  that guy can make him happier than I ever would've...I'm glad."

They don't talk about it any more than that, although Jaemin would very much like to rant about it more. Jeno is wrong. At the end of the day Renjun is the asshole in this whole situation, but the other refuses to believe such a thing. Renjun is happier with someone else, and Jeno is glad. He's glad that he's found someone who can give him the happiness that Jeno could never.

— 465 —

Yeah, it's pretty shite but I've not got much angst and I need to think of plots to create some