Yuta X Haechan

— REBEL —

"Do I have to come?" Donghyuck asks after begrudgingly trailing behind the Prince. Ever since he can remember throughout his career in the castle kitchens, the palace's Prince has been fascinated with him. There's been many occasions in which Prince Yuta has dragged him along as company; Donghyuck is losing count.

The Prince stands holding the reigns of a black horse with his free hand stroking its mane. He's wearing a very formal suit with white gloves and looks more like he's going to a ball than a horse ride. Donghyuck refrains from rolling his eyes.

"Yes. I want company." he says simply.

"There is better company than me." Donghyuck tries to argue back. The other's eyes just glaze over. Prince Yuta has a habit of doing that. He always gets his own way. Donghyuck has never known anything different.

"We will go in to the forest." the Prince ignores him, his eyes drifting away towards the horizon. "I could do with some fresh air."

He slowly diverts his gaze to Donghyuck when he adds, "And you could too."

Donghyuck stands with his arms folded but keeps quiet — which is pretty unusual for him. Arguing with the Prince is sometimes pointless. After all, he's technically his boss. Donghyuck has to obey to a degree if he doesn't want to end up locked in the dungeons.

"Fine." he sighs, slowly approaching the huge animal that has a fixed stare diving deep into his soul. However Donghyuck is unbothered by the animal's gaze; his concern lies with the triumphant smile slapped across Yuta's face.

"You can sit behind me." the Prince says, clambering up on to the saddle with ease. Donghyuck pauses to watch; he's mesmerising. He wishes he could do something so effortlessly, but the Prince is perfect. The servant is not.

A gloved hand reaches out to him all of a sudden, snapping him from the trance. Donghyuck's eyes shift up to Yuta's, expecting him to say something more. However he stays silent. Not a word is uttered between the two; leaving a very uncomfortable and drawn-out pause.

After long last, the boy grabs his hand and uses it to hoist himself up onto the back of the mare. The horse is so much bigger than he's been anticipating. It's unnerving to say the least, but Donghyuck fights the urge to show it.

"Hold on tight." Yuta murmers, clutching the reigns with both hands. Donghyuck can do no more than obey. He feels hopeless on top of the huge horse; not to mention the incredibly powerful royal sitting in front of him.

With one firm shake of the reigns, the horse jolts forward. Donghyuck almost loses his balance and rushes to clutch on to the back of Yuta's cape and the tip of the saddle. Never has he known someone to take off so fast on horseback, but it's not like he can interject.

"Where are you taking us?" he asks all of a sudden, hiding his face from the harsh wind slapping against his skin. Donghyuck has never felt more unsafe in his life. The horse travels at breakneck speeds with the potential to throw him off entirely.

"You'll see."

Donghyuck doesn't like the element of surprise. He'd rather just know so that the suspense doesn't kill him. However this is Yuta. Yuta doesn't tell anyone anything. He's an impossible book to read and Donghyuck can barely sit through a page without his head hurting. It's just too complicated.

Eventually the horse comes to a gentle stop within a woodland clearing. Donghyuck now takes the opportunity to raise his head. He has barely taken in any of his surroundings up until now.

"I want to walk for a while." Yuta suddenly announces, earning a small sigh from the kitchen servant. Again with ease, he jumps down from the saddle and dusts himself off. Donghyuck pays close attention to his technique in the hopes that he can be as graceful. However, when the time comes, he practically falls off; much to the amusement of the Prince.