Hendery X Haechan

— AU —

"And you didn't think to tell me this before!?"

Kunhang swallows a lump in his throat, unable to meet the eyes of his friend. Donghyuck has a look of disbelief slapped across his face which is intimidating the other. Though, you can't blame him for the reaction.

"I didn't think it was a big deal." he tries to explain himself, rubbing one hand awkwardly on his other arm. "I've only been friends with you for a few months...you're the only one who knows."

Donghyuck raises an eyebrow and puts his hands on his hips, "The only one?"

Kunhang contemplates for a moment or two, simultaneously chewing the inside of his mouth. Donghyuck has a point, "Well...apart from Ten. And Dejun...and probably Yangyang."

Donghyuck's expression begins to contort, so he adds with haste, "But that's it! No one else knows, I swear."

The other leans back in his position on the floor. They're cross-legged on either side of a table in the dorm living room. Kunhang's, to be exact. The other members have shooting schedules, so it's the perfect opportunity to reveal his biggest secret.

It all seems a bit rushed considering the first time they'd really interacted was only a few months beforehand. However the pair get on like a house on fire, and it's becoming more than platonic. Neither have addressed the lingering contact that they both are guilty of making deliberate between them. They're just...letting it happen. So Kunhang is hoping that revealing his secret will bring them closer.

"I need evidence." Donghyuck folds his arms over his chest. "You're making a fucking weird claim. You know that, right?"

"It's hard to believe," Kunhang chuckles nervously, his fingers twiddling in his lap. "But it's true."

"It's fictional." he says firmly. "At least, I think it is."

Kunhang expected a reaction like that. Dejected, his back slumps forward and he sighs outwardly. Of all people, Donghyuck is one of the least likely to believe such a ridiculous claim. After all, superpowers are fictional.

"Unless..." he suddenly continues, perking Kunhang's ears. "...you can prove me wrong."

"Using it on you as well as me isn't easy." Kunhang warns him. "I've gotten into some...interesting situations before with everyone else I've had to prove it to. It's risky."

"I don't care." Donghyuck shrugs. "It doesn't frighten me."

"Even if you end up in the middle of an apocalypse?" he quirks an eyebrow, still unconvinced.

"Yeah." he replies almost immediately. There's nothing Kunhang can see in his eyes that tells him otherwise. Donghyuck has made his mind up.

With a sigh, he runs a hand through his hair, "Fine. I'll take you somewhere."

Kunhang'a ability is a strange one. He's able to travel into alternate universes as and when he pleases. Furthermore, he's recently become good enough at it to be able to take others with him.

So far he's taken Ten to a fantasy world - which ended up with them getting chased up a tree by a band of elves - and transported Yangyang to a universe pulled straight out of science fiction - where Kunhang almost fell out of a spaceship. It's been rather successful, he thinks.

"Great!" Donghyuck claps his hands together and smiles widely. "So how do we get there?"

"You need to shuffle a bit closer to me." Kunhang smiles back, but with more nerves. He doesn't know if those nerves are because of how close Donghyuck has to be or because of the fact that he doesn't have a clue where they're going.