Doyoung X Taeil

— YOUR MAJESTY —

Royal parties are quite the occasion in this kingdom, especially with a king on the throne who's looking for his special someone. People are always looking to win him over - which is something he grows quite sick of - and sometimes go to extraordinary lengths to do that. Until, that is, someone catches his attention.

Let me set the scene; it's a normal ball. The room is alive with the sound of music and chatter and it's full of smiling faces. Something Taeil is used to.

He's skirting the edge of the room, keeping his distance from others. Although, as the host, he needs to be somewhat involved and begins to move closer to the middle when he feels comfortable enough.

He can feel eyes burning into him left, right and centre and it's making him feel tense. He doesn't like being stared at so much, especially for the reasons that people are staring at him for.

Nevertheless, he mustn't show how he really feels about it. He must plaster a smile on his face and keep it there. After all, he is the host.

Eventually, after at least half an hour of walking around and making small talk with strangers, Taeil decides he can rest and goes to sit at one of the tables. He doesn't notice the figure sitting next to him at first and allows his facade to fall. With a sigh, he stares down at the ground so that no one can see his face.

"You look tired, your majesty." a soft voice says quietly beside him. Startled, Taeil turns his head to lay eyes on a beautiful stranger.

He stares for a few moments, before snapping himself out of it and smiling politely, "Yes, I suppose so."

"You are tired of people staring at you." he says. "You are still looking for a hand in marriage and that is why they do it. Am I wrong, your majesty?"

He chuckles, "I'm surprised you guessed that...but it's true. Though, they don't care about me. They just care about the title and everything that comes with it."

"I understand." the stranger smiles warmly. "That must be hard for you, sir. Do you want someone who wants you for you?"

Taeil nods, "Yes I do...but, please, drop the formalities. I'd prefer it if you just call me Taeil."

"Of course." he says, before looking back out into the crowd. The stranger observes them carefully, allowing Taeil to get a better look at him and admire him.

"What's your name?" the king clears his throat all of a sudden. "I don't believe I've seen you around before."

"I'm Kim Doyoung." he introduces.

"Ah...are you the prince I've heard so much about? The faceless prince?"

He nods, "Yes, I am...this is the first time my father has let me out of the palace to go to an occasion such as this."

"He must be overprotective."

The other's smile grows wide across his face with amusement, "Oh very much so. I've never really been in the public eye because he's scared."

"I don't know why, I'm sure you'd do well."

A faint blush dusts his cheeks and he glances at him briefly, "Ah, thank you."

Taeil can't help but admit that it's the cutest sight he's seen all evening. In such a short space of time, he can feel himself growing fonder of Doyoung and he doesn't want this evening to end.

They spend the whole night together, chattering away about all kinds of things. The pair get on well, and something about Doyoung intrigues Taeil. It's safe to say that Taeil isn't about to let him go that easily.

Halfway through, Taeil decides to become confident to ask, "Would you like to dance?"

Doyoung agrees instantly, placing his hand in Taeil's outstretched one and letting him drag him into the centre of the room. The prince can feel jealous glares burning into the back of his head, but it amuses him more than anything else.

Their dancing is slow, of course, with Taeil's arm snaked around Doyoung's waist and Doyoung's hand on his shoulder. It's safe to say that the prince hasn't had a lot of dance practice, but he tries his best to follow Taeil's movements and keep in sync.

At one point, Doyoung steps on his foot by accident which causes the other to chuckle. His face burns with embarrassment and he looks down, "S-Sorry."

"You don't need to apologise." Taeil smiles. "You just need a bit more practice."

That doesn't help Doyoung's embarrassment and he continues to keep his head fairly low. He doesn't want Taeil to see his face in this state.

"Why won't you look at me?" Taeil pouts, growing slightly impatient after a while.

"I-um..." the prince is lost for words. He goes to speak, but he can't seem to form a sentence. Completely dumb struck, he glances up at him cautiously before looking back down.

"You've got no need to be embarrassed!" Taeil chuckles. "Trust me, you're doing great. Please look at me though, I like it when you do that."

"O-oh okay..." his voice is barely a whisper, straightening his back and looking up at the king. He manages to maintain eye contact, partly unable to tear his eyes away from him and partly forcing himself to. He doesn't want to make even more of a fool out of himself.

The other smiles softly, admiring his features subconsciously as they danced around the hall. They unknowingly move closer and closer together the longer they are together. Before they know it, their chests are practically touching.

They don't seem aware of it at all. They're too far away on another planet to notice. All of the noise surrounding them has faded into the background. They're only pulled back to reality when a guard who had come with Doyoung interrupted them.

"I am sorry, your highness, but your father requests that you return home." he says apologetically.

Doyoung sighs heavily, looking back at Taeil to smile and say, "I have to go...but thank you for a lovely evening."

"It's my pleasure." he bows his head. "I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad I've met you, too." the prince giggles. He's about to leave, when Taeil suddenly stops him. He grabs his arm and exclaims, "Wait!...I'd like to see you again."

Doyoung smiles, "I'm available most of the time, just run it past my father first...I'd like it if we meet again."

"Well, tell him he'll be hearing from me shortly." he grins and winks, letting go of his arm to allow the slightly flustered prince to make an exit.

The king stands in the centre of the room for a few moments, slightly dazed, before snapping himself out of it and floating to the side of the room.

An advisor spots him and approaches him with a polite smile, "Your majesty, how are you finding this evening?"

"It's great." he watches the people around the room. "I'm enjoying myself quite a lot."

The advisor, having not seen him with Doyoung, appears unconvinced but continues the conversation, "Have you seen anyone you like the look of particularly yet?"

Taeil thinks carefully about his response, a dreamy smile spreading over his face when he replies, "Yes. Yes I have."

— 1222 —

Yeah I've got no clue what this is but I live for royal aus so here we are :)