Jungwoo X Mark

— APOCALYPSE —

"Don't make a sound." Jungwoo hisses, closing the door painfully slowly. He has a long iron rod grasped in one hand and a bag slung over his shoulder. He's been gone a while now; Mark has been close to going into a meltdown.

"Where have you been!?" Mark whispers back, taking his bag from him and aiding him in pushing the large chest of drawers across the entrance.

"There's no time for that right now." his voice stays low as he picks up a large iron pole that's been leaning against the wall. "They're right outside."

Mark frowns. He approaches the window cautiously and peers out between a crack in the shades. As much as he hates to admit it, Jungwoo is right. They're littered all over the place just outside their front door.

"How'd you manage that?" he asks as he gapes, trying and failing miserably to count them all.

"I made too much noise." Jungwoo unzips his bag on the table and begins to pull out various tins and packages of preserved foods. "It's not easy when you're rustling packets about."

"I told you not to go back to that shop and look what happened." Mark shoots a distasteful look his way. He stares back out at the mass beyond the window, "I doubt they're gonna leave here for a while."

"Good thing I brought a lot then, huh?" a can slams down on the table. Mark flinches, turning back to look at the agitated man. Something is smeared across his face, causing him to take some steps towards him, "Look, you've got something there, let me help—"

"—it's no biggie." Mark's hand is swatted away.

"Can you stop being a stubborn prick!?" he exclaims, snatching a flannel from the kitchen drawers. He gestures at the couch, "Sit down."

Jungwoo is in no mood to argue with him. So he listens. Reluctantly he trudges over to the couch and sits down; shortly followed by Mark with a damp flannel.

Upon closer inspection, Mark discovers a deep gash on Jungwoo's forehead. He grimaces at the sight and carefully removes the grime from the surrounding skin, "Jeez...how'd you manage that?"

Jungwoo swallows nervously.

The tins were stacked up on the shelves, barely touched. To Jungwoo, this is his lucky day. His eyes light up like a child on Christmas day as soon as he catches a glimpse of the array of items left.

Wasting no time, he opens up his bag and stuffs as many things in as he can. Jungwoo doesn't bother to check the labels; there's simply no time.

He absorbs himself in getting as much as he possibly can, blocking out the sounds around him. First mistake.

Jungwoo fails to recognise an Infected creeping up on him. It's a woman; half of her face has sunken in and her skin has turned ash grey. At this stage, one touch will cause her skin to deteriorate. However, she's hungry and, when they're hungry, their teeth become a weapon of mass destruction — which is all the time.

Unfortunately for her, her bones have been weakened and she's wobbly on her feet. Before she can stabilise, she knocks straight into the shelf and catches Jungwoo's attention.

What follows is an earshattering scream echoing throughout the building. Second mistake.