Chapter 6: Peggy Carter

I'm finally free!

Bucky 'grounded' me for a few days. He told me I couldn't have TV time, couldn't order out. And he had the audacity... to tell me that I couldn't... I couldn't have any juice boxes. No Juice boxes?! How was I supposed to survive!? No juice boxes! I called him crazy, delusional... and a few other words, but he was happy with my outburst, knowing it was a good 'punishment'. I told him all we did was kiss!

I told him we didn't have sex! But noooo, he didn't care. He's said it's his job. I'm 20! I should be doing more than that! If this was Bucky's reaction, who knows how Dad would feel.

Right now... at this very second, Bucky and I are in a disguise as we walked through the doors of the nursing home. I noticed Bucky fidgeting a bit. I smiled at him reassuringly. I made Bucky look like an old dude. Let's just say he doesn't look like Bucky. I made a few different adjustments. I looked like his granddaughter. I had long red hair, freckles, hazel eyes, and think black glasses. We walked up to the desk.

"Hi, we're here to visit Peggy Carter." I smiled sweetly at her. Bucky had a flashback that had Peggy in it. He told me about her, and I immediately knew we had to see her. Peggy would probably know remember him. Steve comes here often. I've visited her before, but I don't think she remembers. The secretary glanced at us and smiled.

"Hello dear." She smiled at me, then looked at Bucky. "Hello Sir. Can I get your names?"

"Ashley Young and Bob Young." I told her. She typed in her computer.

"May I ask the relation you have with Mrs. Carter." She looked up at me with a smile.

"My grandpa is a friend from the war in 1942. Peggy actually helped save his life. He wanted to see her before..." I dragged on. She smiled softly with a understanding nod. She glanced at Buck.

"Sorry sir, I just have to ask, did you fight along side Captain America?" She asked Bucky. I glanced at him, not knowing what he's gonna say. Bucky looked up at her with a small smile.

"Yes ma'am. We were actually quite close. I met Peggy through him. We took down Nazis left and right. They never stood a chance against him. He fought through anything." Bucky's eyes looked off in space, like flashbacks took over his mind.

"Wow. I can't imagine being in the war. Mrs. Carter must have been a strong woman." She began to type something. I nodded.

"I hear so many stories about Captain America and Mrs.Carter from my grandpa." I giggled slightly. She smiled.

"It appears there is already a visitor seeing Mrs. Carter... would you like to go still? It's Mr. Rogers. Maybe you can talk again, like old times?" She suggested with a scrunched face. I looked over to Bucky... he glanced at me. I gave him an 'are you ready' look. He nodded with a small smile.

"Yeah. I'm sure it'll be fun." I nodded with a grin. She stood up and lead us through the nursing home. We walked past doors and soon stopped at one. She knocked lightly and opened it for us. She mentioned for us to go in.

"Visiting hours are done at 3." She smiled at us. I thanked her and she closed the door.

"Who are you?" Steve stood next to Peggy. Peggy stared at us with confusion. I looked over to Bucky, who was sweating a bit. I grabbed his hand and gave him another reassuring nod.

"He wanted to see her..." I mentioned to Buck. He walked up toward Peggy, but Steve walked up to him in a protective way. I smiled at him. "Steve. It's okay. We thought it would help."

He looked at us, confused. I made ourselves look normal. Bucky standing at the same height as Steve now. Bucky's hair covered most of his face, but you could see his eyes through his hair. I smiled at Steve. Steve's breath hitched. He looked back and forth from me to Buck.