Chapter 14: I Love You

Loki's POV

"You do not have to worry. I wish Hope no harm. I'm only here to help her and I intend to do just that, so I suggest you put down your weapon." I stared at the one they call Black Widow. Her eyes didn't move from mine.

"You know, I have a hard time believing you right now. What you did to Hope in New York doesn't help." Her face unmoving. I could hear the hardness in her voice as she said New York.

"Natasha, he's not going to hurt her. You have to trust him." Barnes told her. I like this man. "You know how Hope feels about him, and you know she's very good at seeing a persons true self. She trust him." Barnes continued. He seems like a wise man. I must speak with him later on. The woman sighed and dropped her arms.

"Stark, calm down. It's nothing. She's fine. Just worry about Stopping Ultron." She spoke as she held her fingers against her ear piece. I looked down to my beloved Hope. My heart broke seeing her like this. I stretched my arm down to her and grabbed her hand. The cold water didn't affect me, but the heat from her body did. I felt my hand tingle as I held her hand gently. I glanced at the two other humans in the room.

"If my appearance changes, I do wish for you to remain calm. It makes it easier to use my magic in my true form." I told them before closing my eyes and focusing my magic toward Hope. My connection with her had become weak since she left Asgard. I'll have to restore it. I felt the magic in her try to resistance me. I quickly broke though the magic.

~

I opened my eyes and was met with a dirty brick wall. I turned around and noticed we were in a New York city alleyway. I cringed at the odour of Garbage. I looked down the alleyway and noticed a little girl. She was leaning against the wall with a bullet wound in her leg. She couldn't have been older than 10. My heart skipped a beat when I noticed a older, familiar looking woman kneeling in front of the girl. I walked up to the pair and stopped a few feet away. The little girl's eyes were closed, her body twitching now and then because of the pain or the cold.

"This place... it was the earliest memory I've had for years. Played in my head every day. I tried to find clues, anything that could have given me a hint or nudge to remember." Hope spoke as she stood up. I felt my eyes soften as I got a look at her face. Her eyes red and puffy from crying. Tear stains on her cheeks. I walked up to her and lifted my hand to her head. I placed my hand on her cheek. She leaned slightly into it.

"Darling, I want you to know that you are the strongest, most capable woman I know. Not just because of your powers, but because of your person. Don't ever think that I or any of your family could live without you. Don't ever think you aren't worthy enough. Don't ever think that you aren't strong. Hope Marie Stark, you are the most strong, beautiful, loving, compassionate, and caring being I know. I know you think you've healed, but you haven't, not yet. You didn't deserve any of what you went through in your childhood. I know what's it's like to be broken down and used. You survived though. You are a survivor Hope. You lived. You didn't change either. You stayed good. You stayed strong. You are an Avenger and that won't ever change. This power inside of you is there for a reason. I know it's hard to control, but you've done amazing so far. This power in you is not a curse or an accident. You are not monster. You've done so much more good things for this world than bad. You helped your father become a better person, you saved hundreds of people in New York, you saved me, you saved Bucky.

You made me realize my mistakes, and I will do everything in my power to fix them. Odin is now back on Asgard. I've come here to make amends with The Avengers. I do not wish to be a king any longer. I want to have a life with you. You are my light. I know you may think that you don't deserve anything good, so did I. But you made realize that that I do. I want to live my life with you. I love you Hope Stark. Please, come back to us. Come back to me." I finished my outburst. I frowned at the tears that fell from Hope's eyes. I quickly lifted my other hand and held her face with both hands. I lifted my thumbs and wiped the tears away. She grabbed my hands and held them tightly.

"I love you Loki." She sobbed as she threw herself into my arms. I sighed in relief as I held her. I took in her scent with a smile. "Thank you." She sniffled.

"I know your body is tired, so I hope you get some rest. If you ever have those thoughts again, just a little bit, don't be afraid to tell any of us. We're here for you Hope. You don't have to put others happiness before your own." I felt her nod into my chest. I pulled away and placed my lips onto hers. Our lips moved smoothly against each others perfectly in a slow matter. I savoured the kiss as did she. I pulled away and stared into her beautiful eyes. If only say herself the way I saw her. Her brown eyes filled with emotions that I couldn't list. I gave her a small smile.

"Thank you Loki. I really needed that. I know I shouldn't have kept it to myself. I promise to tell anyone one of you's if I need help." She promised me. I held up my middle finger and thumb.

"Fucking promise?" I smirked at her. She laughed, a sound I fell in love with. She locked her middle finger with mine and her thumb with my thumb. We squeezed them.

"I fucking promise." She smiled at me. I gave her one last hug before turning into the alleway. "Wait!" She yelled. I stopped and turned to her.

"Can you tell the others I'm fine and I'm just resting? Never mind, you'll probably already tell them." She laughed. I smiled at her awkwardness. "If they give you a hard time, just tell them I'll beat their asses when I get back, same with Bucky. I know they probably don't like you two too much. Oh! And tell Dad that it's just a code green." 

I raised an eyebrow, curious to what the 'code green' means, but I just smiled and gave her a nod.

"I'll tell them. I hope to see you soon Love." I smirked at her. She smiled and the whole scene turned into another. I raised my eyebrow at the new setting. It was the Stark Tower. A younger Hope who looked about 14 was laughing with the Man of Iron and his soulmate. The small family sat at the family table while eating some kind of food. I smiled when I heard the younger Hope laugh. I noticed Present time Hope watch the memory with a grin. She's replaying her memories... the happy ones.

~

I opened my eyes and let go of Hope. I noticed my arm was blue. I quickly changed back into my Asgardian form. I looked around the room and noticed a new person in the room. I looked over to see Barnes already staring at me. I gave him a nod in which he returned. The Black Widow and another woman spoke in hush words. I cleared my throat and they both turned to face me. I could see the glare in the Agent's face.

"Hope is alright now. Her body has shut down and she is just resting. Her outburst was too much for her body and being exhausted before hand didn't help. I told her to get how ever much rest she needs before waking." I informed the three with a nod. My hands together behind my back as I stood straight, watching the two agents stare at me.

"So, she's not dying?" Mr.Barnes asked with uncertainty. I nodded.

"She is not dying anytime soon, Mr.Barnes." I nodded respectively to him. He sighed in relief and nodded.

"Call me Bucky. Mr.Barnes makes me feel old." He smiled at me. I smiled back. I have a feeling we may become good friends.

"We have to get going. I have the quinjet jury ready for you. I don't know if you should take these three with you." I took a glance in her mind. Maria Hill is her name. Ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent. She is very close to Hope. I remember Hope mentioning her from Washington D.C.

"Where will they go? Tony will be furious if we let Hope go with them, especially Loki." The women looked over and stared at me and Bar-Bucky. I know Bucky and I have no say in the decision.

"... Fury isn't going to like this... just take them with you. Fury said you may know where Barton is taking the others." I looked down at Hope. She wasn't as pale as she was. The water around her wasn't steaming. I'll try to play nice... for Hope.