Chapter 12: Mission: Help Hope

Bucky Barnes POV

"Hope!" I yelled at the unconscious woman who laid in front of me. She was covered in sweat and looked really pale. Her body warm after her little show. She wasn't breathing. She isn't breathing! I panicked and picked up the phone.

"Hey, Hope. I'm sorry I didn't answer—."

"Mr.Stark, we need your help." I tried to make my voice strong, but there are hints of crying in it.

"Why? What happened?! Where's Hope!?" He panicked. I checked her pulse to make sure, it was there, but she wasn't breathing. What the hell?!

"Hope, she's unconscious. She had an attack, the worst I've ever seen. She went crazy with her powers. She's not breathing, but there is a pulse. She told me to call you." I heard some commotion in the background. I held Hope close to me, not wanting to let go. She can't leave me. She promised... we made a promise.

"W-Where are you? Please don't tell me that she's...?" he couldn't finish the sentence, and I didn't want to hear it.

"I-I don't know—."

"What the hell do you mean you don't know!? Where are you!? I fucking knew I shouldn't have let her go—!"

"Can't you track us or something? Doesn't she leave slight traces of radiation. She just exploded with magic, I'm sure you can get a signal." I tried to stay calm. He has every right to be mad. I stared at my little sister. We need help now. We can't waste any time.

"Banner... really? Already? Damn, that's a big blast. Okay, listen, take her to a clearing. Make sure we can see where you are." Mr.Stark told me. I could hear the pain in his voice too. He might lose his daughter... I might lose my sister. She said she wasn't dying... she better not. I notice her chest move up and down softly. I sighed out in relief. I don't what was going on there, but it freaked the hell out of me. "Oh thank god."

"What? What happened?"

"She's breathing." I looked at the clearing she made. Trees fallen over and a huge black circle that still had some blue flames scattered around it. They'll see us.

"Steve! If you don't hurry your ass up, we're leaving you! Clint! Put the Sandwich down and get to the quinjet! I'm going in my suit."I could hear another voice in the background, then a few curse words from the man with the phone. "First an evil robot I helped create, and now my daughter is unconscious! Great." He said sarcastically. A evil robot?

~

After about an hour, I could hear something in the distance. I looked down at Hope. She looked worse. He skin even whiter than before. She was still sweating and her body was heating up. I had to let her go because she was getting to hot to hold. I ignored the pain and picked her up. The jet landed about 30 feet away from us. The large door opened and all the Avengers stood in their suits. I gulped nervously as I noticed Steve. I shook the feeling away and focused on my mission. Help Hope.

"What the hell happened?" The man with the bow and arrows. Hawkeye I think it was. Hope tells me everything about them. I remember the Black Widow. Natalia Alianovna Romanova. I helped train her. I remember the mission that I shot through her to kill my target. Thor Odinson... don't freak out, don't freak out, he's Hope's friend... who is from space! I used to be kind of a nerd in the 1930's. I still am. Dr.Bruce Banner. One of the best doctors of our time and probably ever. 7 phD's... how the hell can someone be that smart? Mr.Stark practically flew over to us in his suit. I notice he had one of his missile launchers aimed at me. Thor looked tense and ready to fight. I guess they don't trust me that much.

"Hand her over." Mr.Stark took her from me and I followed them to the jet. He handed her to Thor and Thor took her farther into the jet. Stark places his hand on my chest. "You stay. We've got it from here."