Chapter 3.

Waking up I realized that we had been asleep for much longer than I had planned and we had to start moving so as to go find shelter at a much safer place and food. I stood up and stretched and looked at Jay and he was still sound asleep. I felt bad waking him up but we had to move or we would be in danger. Gathering the few things we had I placed them in the small bag I had carried and woke Jay up.

" Hey Jay, wake up we need to leave." He was not hearing me so I shook him while calling him out. "Wake up Jay!" Finally after calling him for a few more times he woke up.

" Can I sleep a little more please?" He asked sleepily rubbing his eyes and he looked adorable and I almost gave in.

" No Jay you can't, we are not safe here and other rouges can find us." I said while standing up and that's when I felt that we were being watched by someone in the woods. I smelt the air but I couldn't trace where they were watching from.

"We need to leave now!" I said to Jay without alerting the person watching us. Jay woke up very fast and I guess he heard the panic in my voice.

We started walking while I was giving Jay instructions on how to act incase we were attacked.

"Jay listen to me if you see any rouge attacking us, you run as fast as you can and as far away as possible. Okay?" I said seriously hoping it doesn't come to that because incase he came across other rouges who were not also friendly I hadn't helped him by telling him to run as he couldn't defend himself.

" What about you Alex, what will you do? I don't want anything bad happening to you either. " He said looking very concerned about me. I felt happy that he was kind enough to think of my safety but him being safe would give me a fighting chance as I wouldn't be worried about him while fighting and I would go find him later on. Smilling down at him I told him I would be okay and I would go find him wherever he was. He smiled at that while we continued walking while I was trying to get as far away as possible from the person who was watching us.

We had moved a few meters away from where we had stopped and that's when I felt them. There were more rouges who had surrounded us and they were closing in on our position very fast. My fear rose thinking of how I would die soon without enjoying my life at all even with the few days of freedom I had earned. I looked at Jay and he seemed to pick up on the change in the air and he moved closer to me.

"Remember what I said Jay, when they attack you run very fast and far away, ok." He wanted to argue but one look from me he just nodded his headed while looking down. I felt sorry for the kid, being a rouge at such a young age is hard, always on the run fearing for your life every minute every day is not a life a kid should experience. He should be at a pack where he can be a kid and play with other kids but life doesn't always go as planned and I can assure you that because I never thought that there would be a time I would become a rouge or have no family to run to.

I could feel the rouges were getting close and I crouched in a defensive position. I pushed Jay behind me. "Show yourself." I shouted towards the direction the rouges were coming from. One of them appeared with a smirk on their face. He had an untrimmed beard, bloodshot eyes with a big scar running down his face.

" Well, what do we have here? A she-wolf roaming alone among the land of the rouges with a pup. What a prize I got today!" He said very proud of himself. "Don't you know it's dangerous to be alone in such a place cutie?" he said while laughing like a maniac.