Chapter 19.

I couldn’t believe he just walked out on me. He should have listened to what I had to say first and judge later.

How could he do that? Jay is an important [art of my life and he comes with me as a package, he is my son and no one can take him away from him.

I could feel my anger rising as I continued to think of the way he didn’t even bother to listen and I could feel my eyes shifting to my wolf’s, right now even Amazon was pissed at the way our mate just acted on hearing we have a son.

“A-alpha.” I heard someone call out to me and I turned around fast. How did I not hear them come in, maybe I was just too deep in my thoughts.

I looked up and down the person and from the clothes she wore I could tell she was a maid and by the way she was shivering and not looking at me I knew that she was frightened and I could even smell it from where I was standing.

Deciding to relax my posture to stop scarring her, I took a few breaths in and I could feel myself relax a little but I was still boiling on the inside. I knew how she felt because it had happened to me when I was an omega. I hated when anyone was in a bad mood and they took it out on me because I was worthless to them and also because I was an omega.

“Yes.” I said nodding my head and smiling at her to show her I wasn’t angry.

“I have been sent by the King to move you to another room.” She said lowly but I still heard her. That’s when I remembered that he had broken the door earlier and recalling what happened earlier my anger flared again.

“Sure and you can call me Alex.” I said lifting my bag which was on the bed where she was headed to pick it up.

“I can’t Alpha. Can I please help you carry your bag?” she whispered slowly. I hate how she is afraid of me; I hate it when people are afraid because of their rankings.

“No thank you, I can carry my bag and it’s an order you will call me Alex. What’s your name?” I said smiling at her sweetly when I heard her mutter lowly, “you are not like everyone else.”

“What?” I asked jokingly and she froze and I just laughed at her.

“Your name.” I said gesturing to her.

“Oh! Sorry, Claire Alpha,” I shot her a look and she quickly said, “Sorry Alex.”

“Good. Pleasure to meet you.” I said and pointed towards the door for her to lead the way. We walked quietly and I didn’t want to push her to talk to me and I was busy observing the palace.

This place is truly breathtaking and I haven’t even seen half of it, I should probably ask Ryker to give me a tour then I remembered what he just did and I could feel a growl rise from my throat.

I heard Claire jump away from me and she started shaking saying she is sorry. I was now angry at myself for frightening her again.

“Don’t be sorry, you haven’t done anything wrong. I am just having a bad night.” I said comfortingly and I could see her relax a bit.

“I am sorry for scaring you.” She looked up at me shock written all over her face and I understood why, Alphas never apologize for anything most have ego and think that apologizing makes them weak but I believe the opposite it creates a better relationship with people.

“I-I don’t know what to say Alex. You shouldn’t be apologizing, I am the one supposed to apologize.” She said.

“You are my friend and when I do something wrong I apologize.”

“Friend?”

“Yes.” I said and went and joined our hands.

“Lead the way.” I said and smiled at her and she smiled back. After a few minutes I could feel her relax and she wasn’t as tensed as earlier.

We walked further and further away from my room and I wondered where we were going since I’m sure there were other rooms near where I was initially staying.

“Where are we going, Claire?” I asked curiously.

“The Kings wing.” She said nonchalantly and I stopped making her stop also.

“Is there anything wrong?” she asked and I knew there was no way I wanted to tell the tale again so I just shook my head and we began walking again.

Why would he tell her to take me to his wing? I won’t lie the gesture is sweet and even him remembering to change my room because of the door shows he cares but why didn’t he wait for me to explain earlier.

“We are here.” Claire said and pushed open a door to a room almost twice the size of the room I was initially set up in.

The walls were painted white and there was a queen sized bed, a TV mounted on the wall, a book shelf near the bed and all in all the room was beautiful.

I then remembered I was with Claire and she should probably go get rest also.

“Thank you Claire. Goodnight, you should get some sleep also.” I said.

“Goodnight too Alex.” She smiled at me and walked out the door.

Finally when I was alone, I went and opened the other three doors, one was a closet and it had some clothes and I wondered who they were but I just assumed it and moved on to the next door which was a bathroom. It was large enough to fit four people and had a shower and bathtub it also looked good and I couldn’t resist it I filled it with water and soaked in.

I could feel my tense muscles relax when I was in the water and I just sat there trying not to think about what happened which was useless since all I could think was my mate and his gorgeous body.

I tried to make myself remember that I was angry at him but when I realized I was failing I got out of the bathtub drained it and went and changed and headed to bed.

When I was in bed, I heard someone pacing outside my door and I tensed but when I took in a deep breath, I was instantly surrounded by the smell of my mate.

I wondered whether he would knock and come apologize but after a few minutes I heard his footsteps walk away and I could feel the disappointment make its way.

I don’t even know why I was disappointed, I shouldn’t be. I am angry at me from what he did earlier but I can’t help it and yearn to be close to him and be held by him.

I groaned, I hate this feeling of needing someone so much. I blame the bond, that’s why I am feeling like this.

‘Are you sure it’s the bond only? You have always wanted to meet your mate and you just did maybe you just don’t want to think he will leave you.’ My subconscious said.

Maybe she is right maybe not but I yes I do fear he will leave me the way most of the people in my life did.

I groaned, I was getting tired of thinking about my mate and everything. I would deal with it tomorrow for now I would sleep so that I can have a clear mind tomorrow.