Chapter 14.

I didn’t get much sleep that night and I was up and early ready to go back to the pack. Jay was also joining me saying he didn’t want to be left alone and get bored in the hotel room and it would make me be sure he is much safe somewhere I could easily find him.

We left the hotel room and when we reached the forest, I shifted and carried Jay on my back and he held my clothes.

Arriving at the pack borders, I was happy that now there were a few people who came to see who was crossing.

I changed back behind a tree and when I emerged back I could see the bow slightly acknowledging me as alpha though I still felt quite uncomfortable about it but I had to get used eventually.

Someone guided us towards the pack house because I was not yet accustomed to the pack grounds but I knew in a few days I would know it very well.

“Good morning Alpha.” I heard Gabriel call from somewhere behind me.

Turning around I could see him running towards where I was and I could see him glance at Jay severally.

“Morning too Gabriel and I told you, you can call me Alex.”I said when he finally reached where we were standing.

“Sorry.” He said, “Is this your son?” he asked looking down at Jay who was busy looking around.

“Yes. Jay meet Gabriel and Gabriel meet Jay.” I said and jay finally looked up when he had his name and shook Gabriel’s hand.

“Mom, can I go play with the kids there?” He said pointing to a group who were playing tag a few meters away.

“Sure but don’t wander around, I don’t want you getting lost.” I said and kissed his forehead and he took off in the direction of the kids.

“Was everything okay at night?” I asked Gabriel when we started walking inside the pack house where many people greeted me and I nodded acknowledging them.

“Yes, it was. Nothing much happened.” He said.

“Can we get somewhere to talk privately? I need us to discuss some important things.” I said while looking around.

“Sure, right this way.” He said and started climbing up the stairs.

We arrived at a mahogany door and when he pushed it. It was like a conference room with a long table in the middle surrounded by chairs and it smelled of detergents so I knew it was just cleaned.

Sitting down, “there is a lot that needs to be done like getting food and shelter for people because they cannot all get cramped up in the pack house together.” I said.

“The housing we checked around the houses around and luckily most are in shape just some repairs and have started being repaired which means most families will move out today.” He said.

“What about food?” I asked

“It’s not enough to feed us and you are the only one who has access to the packs finances so if you get us cash we can send out some people to buy from town.”

“Okay. I will get that done. What else is needed?”

“Medical supplies also and other things which come up that I can’t tell yet.”