Chapter 20.

I was woken up by the delicious smell of bacon and eggs wafting into my room and I couldn't say no to the demands of my stomach which was growling already and I was out of bed very fast. Brushing my teeth and washing my face to clear myself out of sleep I was out of my room very fast.

I was following the smell of food to the kitchen because I had no way to know the directions of anywhere in the castle.

When I finally arrived at the kitchen, I was met with a beautiful site of my mate flipping pancakes on the pan and the way he was doing it made the act seem more gracious than usual.

Let me not go on to the fact that he was shirtless and the sweatpants he was wearing were hanging very low and I could see every muscle and contour in his perfectly adorned body.

I was startled out of my thought by the clearing of the throat and when I looked up I was met with his smirking face and I could feel myself blush from embarrassment at being caught but I sure as hell wasn't sorry for checking him out.

"Care to join me for breakfast?" he said while placing two plates on the kitchen island.

I nodded and began moving towards the seats when I was stopped by the growling of my mate. I looked at him and found him looking at me and when I followed his line of sight, I literally died of embarrassment right there.

Since I had not taken time to change out of my bed clothes, I was still in my long t-shirt which just covered my thighs and nothing else and my legs were on full display. I was now scolding myself for not being more careful and wore something more decent.

I tried pulling my t shirt down while turning around to go back to my room to change and run away from embarrassing myself further.

"Where are you going?" he asked when I was just about to walk away.

I turned to him with a questioning gaze wondering why he was asking that question when he already could guess why.

"Don't go, I promise I will behave." He said looking at me with a serious expression. I know he could behave but would I be able to. How would I survive sitting next to him like everything was okay when we were both barely dressed.

Even thinking about it is making some very wild things happening in this kitchen right now. Damn the mate bond and my wolf for this.

When I looked up I was mate with my darkened eyes of my mate and him gripping the counter very hard his knuckles were white and I knew he could smell my arousal from here but I can't say I was the only one affected.

Deciding to save my situation, "I will go wear some pants and you get yourself a shirt and we can have breakfast." I said quickly waiting to get away very fast and I did exactly that but not before seeing the smirk on Ryker's face.

Reaching my room, I could finally breathe. I got some sweatpants from my suitcase and wore them before heading to my bathroom and splashed my face with some water to reduce the blush that was on my face.

After finally getting my heated cheeks to work with me, I went back to have breakfast and I was glad to find Ryker had followed my advice and was wearing a t-shirt on top but somehow I wished he wouldn't have so I could have another peak at his abs and toned stomach.

I had not noticed that had stopped walking and was now gazing at my mate until he spoke.

"You better come have a seat and eat breakfast or we won't be leaving this room today." He said huskily and I would have gladly taken up his offer but it was like a light bulb was lit and I remembered what he did yesterday and I was now glaring at him.