< • Chapter Four • >

Chapter Four

Holding Back Temptations

Izuku muffled painful hisses, as his scars made contact with the disinfectant. He didn't expect it to hurt so much, but to be honest, it has been so long since he had wounds like this. With all the other wounds, he would always go to Recovery Girl for help, but since it wasn't as severe as a broken arm this time, he now remembered why he avoided getting hurt in the first place. It just wasn't worth the trouble. But it could have been worse... He could be sleeping with open cuts, causing his sheets to be stained red. He didn't want to seem like a murderer here, nor did he want to burden anyone with his pains. It was just coincidental that Eijirou was there at the time.

They hadn't spoken a word, in all the time that Kirishima had been disinfecting Izuku's wounds and covering them up. But it was in no way awkward, how the silence held them close. Well, at the start it was, but for the rest of the time, it was peaceful, and somehow, meaningful. Word were spoken, without a single sound being made - besides the aches of the wounded. One by one, a bandage covered the nasty scars that cover Izuku's body. Kirishima truly admired Izuku. No matter how many times he was knocked down, he would always try not to burden anyone with his problems and strategizes a way to solve it himself. That was a pretty useful skill to have, but then again, it was a troublesome way to lead your life, as well. Maybe that's why he was a little grateful to find Izuku in need of his help. Sure, one of his best friends, turned out to be a complete jerk, and one of the smaller teen's main problems, but at least he found out that sooner rather than later.

Once Kirishima was done applying the disinfectant and bandages on, he washed his hands and sat next to Izuku. "Are you alright?" He asked, turning his head towards the smaller teen.

Izuku nodded shyly and shrunk back. "I'm fine..." He insisted, in a hoarse voice.

A moment of silence hit them, before Kirishima broke it once again. "I'm sorry for saying this, Izuku, but why exactly do you like a jerk like him?" He asked, as the said boy, turn towards him, a bit shocked by his sudden question.

The smaller teen relaxed himself. "Actually... I kind of wonder that myself..." Kirishima opened his mouth to say something, but Izuku cut him off. "But you know... He wasn't always like this..." The green-haired said, with a gentle, loving smile.

Now the red-haired was curious. What did he do in order to get Izuku to fall hopelessly in love with him? And what does he need to do to get some of that love?... From Kaminari he means!!! He likes Kaminari, not Izuku!... However, quite recently, he was really starting to question it. How many strange thoughts has he been having about the green-haired lately?... For some reason, Izuku made his heart skip a beat to the point that, even a single touch was enough to make him vulnerable. Was this really just all friendship? Or is it something more? He would find himself asking constantly. Every thought didn't make sense to him anymore. It was all so confusing now.

"Uh... Eijirou?" Izuku spoke up, snapping the taller teen out of his illusive trance.